Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom Leak

Options
  • 19-02-2007 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

I was greeted this evening with the sight of a watermark about 30cm wide in the corner of the living room ceiling. The bathroom is directly above. I've had a look and there seems to be a damp bit under the lino in the bathroom at one particular spot..

There's no obvious drains or pipes there so.. by the looks of it, I need to go burrowing under the floor in the bathroom.

Is this a job for a plumber or is it something I could have a go at myself? Would it be an expensive thing to fix?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

You certainly need to find the source of the leak asap ...... I would do what is necessary to locate the problem and depending on what is leaking, then make a decision on who fixes it ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

hobie wrote:
    You certainly need to find the source of the leak asap ...... I would do what is necessary to locate the problem and depending on what is leaking, then make a decision on who fixes it ....

I took up the flooring around the back of the toilet and its all damp and soggy. The pipe above that is bone dry so it looks like its coming from a pipe below the floor.

Plumber getting called asap tomorrow morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Just another question.. has anyone claimed on their house insurance for a leak before? What did you manage to claim for?

Advertisement