Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions league Last 16

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,593 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Petulance on the side of Lille, I wish the United players didn't get involved and let them walk off the pitch, let Uefa feck them out of the competition.
    I'm not 100% sure of the rules, but I remember Sky going through them to death when Henry pulled his trick against Chelsea, afaik it was totally within the rules.

Fergie doing his post-match now, he is absolutely furious.

yeah, unless the ref indicated to the home side he is going to blow the whistle before the free can be taken they can play away. Lille should have had someone over the ball like every premiership side does..

KdjaCL wrote:
    How exactly? They have to go to the San Siro and score!

kdjac

not that it will be easy, but now a score draw puts them through and 0-0 won't see them lose on away goal.
    not giving away an away goal was a good result for them imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

daveym wrote:
    Lille should have had someone over the ball like every premiership side does..

Like every schoolboy side does, its fairly basic stuff. Lille can blame noone but themselves.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    Like every schoolboy side does, its fairly basic stuff. Lille can blame noone but themselves.

kdjac

yep, if they were going to go nuts over something it should have been the disallowed goal, it was soft imo. vidic dived in his own peno area ffs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

daveym wrote:
    yep, if they were going to go nuts over something it should have been the disallowed goal, it was soft imo. vidic dived in his own peno area ffs!
    specsavers for daveym,it was a clear push and fowl

county wrote:
    specsavers for daveym,it was a clear push and fowl

slight nudge and a dive, had me glasses on.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Typical French reaction, throwing the toys out of the pram. Like the panel on RTÉ said, they showed their inexperience.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

RasTa wrote:
    Can't get the Utd game to work, is it for people living in Ireland only?

Yeah.
    Though no matter what country you are in in Europe, the local broadcasters are obliged to stream the matches. I think RTE are probably the only ones who do it for free though, the rest are pay per view.

In the uk, check out skysports.com or whatever, on a match night, you should find the streams there.. or itv.com etc.

Celtic match wasn't on Rte.ie tonight, they can only stream matches online that are going out live on RTE2 at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Milan tonight were the best I've seen them in a long time. I'll let you decide if the standard of opposition played much of a part. ;)

Pirlo was simply class. This comment on a Milan fans sums up my thoughts:
    "Pirlo played amazing today, finally!"
    http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showpost.php?p=321444&postcount=574

He has been below par all season but tonight was superb.

Kaka was the best I've seen him and the main reason for that was the space he had. I finally realise why he's rated as highly as he is.

Gourceff, Maldini, Oddo, Gattuso... all them were a class above Celtic. I thought we had an excellent chance but the main reason for that was because I've seen Milan play a lot recently and they were poor. Tonight they were a step above.

Lennon was superb tonight. Sno played well. Naka and McGeady were marked by 2 men all match. Gattuso and Oddo for McGeady. Gourcef and Jankolouvski for Naka. Milan sussed us. If our wide players are taken out we're poor. We need a deap lying playmaker like Pirlo, Alonso or realistically Tymoschuk.

Anyway, I haven't read a Celtic forum yet but I'd say everyone will admit we're out of our depth atm.

the clean sheet is the bonus from tonight. Also, Boruc had maybe 1 real save to make all match so well done to O'Dea and McManus. I'm not a fan of McManus but he did well.

• Advertisement

eirebhoy wrote:
    Milan tonight were the best I've seen them in a long time. I'll let you decide if the standard of opposition played much of a part. ;)

Pirlo was simply class. This comment on a Milan fans sums up my thoughts:
    "Pirlo played amazing today, finally!"
    http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showpost.php?p=321444&postcount=574

He has been below par all season but tonight was superb.

Kaka was the best I've seen him and the main reason for that was the space he had. I finally realise why he's rated as highly as he is.

Gourceff, Maldini, Oddo, Gattuso... all them were a class above Celtic. I thought we had an excellent chance but the main reason for that was because I've seen Milan play a lot recently and they were poor. Tonight they were a step above.

Lennon was superb tonight. Sno played well. Naka and McGeady were marked by 2 men all match. Gattuso and Oddo for McGeady. Gourcef and Jankolouvski for Naka. Milan sussed us. If our wide players are taken out we're poor. We need a deap lying playmaker like Pirlo, Alonso or realistically Tymoschuk.

Anyway, I haven't read a Celtic forum yet but I'd say everyone will admit we're out of our depth atm.

the clean sheet is the bonus from tonight.

Your in the CL knockouts vs seasoned pros who have been here almost every season of their playing careers. Ac know full well they wont win Serie A so this is there goal to win the CL. They turned up and played the away leg, as seasoned pros at this level do.

Dont know why AC didnt just go for the throat it was obvious they were a class above.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

they want to put on a show for the fans back home so they can start bringing the fans back into the games.

KdjaCL wrote:
    Dont know why AC didnt just go for the throat it was obvious they were a class above.
    Hopefully it comes back to haunt them. ;) I think one of the reasons they played so well was that they were actually away from home and didn't need to win. A defeat wasn't the end of the world for them, there was no pressure. Hopefully Celtic can hold them out in 2 weeks and as time goes by frustration kicks in.

eirebhoy wrote:
    Hopefully it comes back to haunt them. ;) I think one of the reasons they played so well was that they were actually away from home and didn't need to win. A defeat wasn't the end of the world for them, there was no pressure. Hopefully Celtic can hold them out in 2 weeks and as time goes by frustration kicks in.

As the old saying goes " you have 20 minutes" in the away leg. Pre match i was kinda rooting for the underdog as most neutrals do but then i saw the Green White and Orange ****e they had for the fans and i wanted them to lose 10-0 on agg and be proper irish :)

Theres no such thing as luck over 2 legs, if you beat them over there (which i seriously doubt) but they too pro/good to lose to an inferior team.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,327 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Of course Milan are a quality side, they played well and 0-0 is a good result for Celtic going on how the game panned out. Celtic did not play well and this was mainly down to the squeezing of the 2 flair players in the Celtic team. Celtic MotM for me was Sno with McManus & O'Dea close behind.

The atmosphere was a quiet tonight... probably because of the lack of goalmouth action. The 5k Celtic fans in Milan will sing for far longer than the 58k+ inside Celtic Park tonight.

KdjaCL wrote:
    but then i saw the Green White and Orange ****e they had for the fans and i wanted them to lose 10-0 on agg and be proper irish :)

I had my Green White and Orange stuff at the game, why is that ****e?

• Advertisement

I had my Green White and Orange stuff at the game, why is that ****e?

Your club is in Scotland and the colours of the club are green and white (a whole different thread) which i seriously doubt needed explaining.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:

Theres no such thing as luck over 2 legs, if you beat them over there (which i seriously doubt)

A score draw will do for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

watched the utd match and seen highlights of celtic match.

celtic won't rollover at home. I predicted a 1-0 celtic win or 0-0. It's so predictable. Bit of noise, colour and a few chances here and there.

Away from home it will be a gutsy performance and a 2-0 defeat, the fans will still be singing and everyone's happy as they've made history.

Utd on the otherhand played it very tight, like celtic. Looking to nick a 1-0 and that's exactly what they did. Ref was spot on for Lille's disallowed goal and gigg's free kick. Shouldn't be thrown out, however coaches should be sacked and club should be fined for (a) walking off pitch, (b) fans throwing stuff onto pitch, (c) throwing tear gas into a crowd which has literally more bodies than seats :rolleyes:

1-0 and job done, get them back to OT and go through the motions. But what disappoints me about utd is that they can't go out and just attack - all guns blazing.

Fair enough, if it's against milan, barcelona etc... you don't want to get caught. But against inferior opposition, utd shouldn't be so modest.

Beautiful Scenery - Green white and orange ;)

Suprised to see that Celtic had 56% possession tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

United were jammy IMO! As Liam whatshisface said, we'd have done well to get the draw with that performance, so the away goal was a godsent. Ref was spot on, too.

• Advertisement

Smemon should that read utd were god damn lucky Lille coudlnt score in a brothel?
    Utd were very poor and tru to form in knockouts for the last few seasons, i wouldnt be surpirised if they lost at home. (lille at 6-1 for the round ;p)

Beautiful Scenery - Green white and orange

The missus uses Daz Colour Catchers they dont let the whites run so you wouldnt get oranges when washing your green and whites. Fairly cheap on ebay atm, :p

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

What a game for Beckham tonight against Bayern. Two beautiful deliveries to set up Helguera and van Nistelrooy and an absolute cracker of a free kick that was kept out by the crossbar. He had every reason to smile in the interview afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I heard that there was a pretty funny dive in the Celtic game toinght, anyone got any linkage?

RasTa wrote:
    I heard that there was a pretty funny dive in the Celtic game toinght, anyone got any linkage?

saw it but don't have a link, Gilardino could/ve had a peno if he had gone down when he got clipped by last man just inside the area, unfortunately he took about 4 more steps before he decided he wasn't catching the ball and threw himself to the ground, it was quite funny.

In fairness to him though most strikers would have just hit the ground first time, he tried to keep going and then realised he had made a mistake!

daveym wrote:
    saw it but don't have a link, Gilardino could/ve had a peno if he had gone down when he got clipped by last man just inside the area
    He might have had a peno if he went down early. It was a silly challenge by Wilson but he didn't touch him.

http://www.zshare.net/download/celtic-ac-milan-gilardino-dive-zip.html

In fairness to Milan fans, they're giving him stick over the dive. I think it was instinct tbh and I blame those who trained him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

KdjaCL wrote:
    Smemon should that read utd were god damn lucky Lille coudlnt score in a brothel?

it was 50-50, due to the fact utd never turned up. They never got going at all. Ronaldo was poor, Rooney was quiet, Larsson didn't do much and giggs didn't penetrate too often.

It shows utd's strength when those 4 big guns can each have a poor game yet come away winning 1-0.

sure, Lille had chances, van der saar made a couple of saves.. Utd also had their chances and had their keeping flapping a few times.

Had it been chelsea tonight, we'd be saying that's the sort of grinding victory champions were made of :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Credit to Lille,apart from their walk off which should be punished by fifa as in inticed the fans.

I thought they were excellent as apposed to Utd being poor. Thought Utd defended pretty well considering the amount of pressure they were under. Lille were full of running and tackled in numbers. Utd didn't have a second on the ball. Was full sure that they would score in the end.

They were a littles unlucky for there disallowed goal, but there was a definate push and it was probably enough to earn a free out. Particularly the way in which the ref had been controlling the match. For example every single time Patrice Evra won a header the ref gave a free because he constantly had his hands on the back of a Lille player. There was never much shoving but that was the way he refereed.

As for the Giggs Free Kick, well we can thank Henry for that. Am I right in saying that the referee only has th blow the whistle if the Attacking team asks to have the wall put back? You can clearly see giggs and the referee having a conversation seconds before the free is taken in which giggs slightly shakes his head. As if to say, can we take it? Do you want wall back Ten? No.

Overall it was a pleasing result against a very underrated team. They didn't qualify for the champs league for no reason. Plus they are pretty much out of running in their league and have nothing else to play for.

Bottom line there are no easy games at this stage of the Champions League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

daveym wrote:
    slight nudge and a dive, had me glasses on.:)

A slight Nudge still makes it a foul and free out so correct decision was taken, Vidic just made sure the ref saw the foul as all continental players do in similar circumstances.

There was very little between the teams, United were lucky to win last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Sky just showed some footage of the crowd scenes last night in France. The police were standing over United fans, making them lay down on their stomachs. It all looked very heavy handed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Lille 0-1 Man Utd

I thought that Man Utd were fortuitous to come away with a 1 goal advantage. The disallowed goal on other occasions could easily have been given. This ref was not a 'homer', that's for sure. Lille had a few other opportunities too.

In terms of the free-kick goal, my thoughts are the same as when Henry got away with it. For a defender to stand over the ball is against the rules, so allowing a free-kick to be taken when they were clearly at a disadvantage is not in the spirit of the laws and puts the ref in cahoots with the free-kick taker, as the kick is based on whispers between the taker (Giggs in this case) and the ref. I'm not in favour of such sneaky goals.

Overall though, even if Lille would have won 1-0 on the night, the overall tie would not have been affected as I think Man Utd will beat them 2-0 at home at least. Still, it would have made the 2nd leg more interesting. I think most neutrals would feel sorry for Lille and could understand the coach or whoever it was asking them to come off as a protest. If they would have done, then perhaps Uefa and Fifa could clearly establish rules in such situations, but it seems ludicrous to punish a team who have walked back from the ball and are obeying the rules!

Celtic 0-0 AC Milano

Celtic's formation lacked penetration I thought in the centre. They gave Milan probably too much respect, although having said that they created some scoreable chances and should have got on the scoresheet. Milan also should have scored. Niether Miller nor van V of H are clinical enough which is needed for this level. This would have been a good result at the San Siro but not at Celtic Park. Advantage Milan, although te tie is not done and dusted yet.

Real Madrid 3-2 Bayern Munich
    There is still life in the Galactico's ..... although Bayern are not so strong this year. Neither will win the CL, and with this scoreline, Bayern are likely to go through.

Redspider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

redspider wrote:
    Lille 0-1 Man Utd

I thought that Man Utd were fortuitous to come away with a 1 goal advantage. The disallowed goal on other occasions could easily have been given. This ref was not a 'homer', that's for sure. Lille had a few other opportunities too.

In terms of the free-kick goal, my thoughts are the same as when Henry got away with it. For a defender to stand over the ball is against the rules, so allowing a free-kick to be taken when they were clearly at a disadvantage is not in the spirit of the laws and puts the ref in cahoots with the free-kick taker, as the kick is based on whispers between the taker (Giggs in this case) and the ref. I'm not in favour of such sneaky goals.

Overall though, even if Lille would have won 1-0 on the night, the overall tie would not have been affected as I think Man Utd will beat them 2-0 at home at least. Still, it would have made the 2nd leg more interesting. I think most neutrals would feel sorry for Lille and could understand the coach or whoever it was asking them to come off as a protest. If they would have done, then perhaps Uefa and Fifa could clearly establish rules in such situations, but it seems ludicrous to punish a team who have walked back from the ball and are obeying the rules!

Celtic 0-0 AC Milano

Celtic's formation lacked penetration I thought in the centre. They gave Milan probably too much respect, although having said that they created some scoreable chances and should have got on the scoresheet. Milan also should have scored. Niether Miller nor van V of H are clinical enough which is needed for this level. This would have been a good result at the San Siro but not at Celtic Park. Advantage Milan, although te tie is not done and dusted yet.

Real Madrid 3-2 Bayern Munich
    There is still life in the Galactico's ..... although Bayern are not so strong this year. Neither will win the CL, and with this scoreline, Bayern are likely to go through.

Redspider

Free kick can be taken whenever the ball is in the correct position and not moving - no conversation needs to take place with the referee.

On the push - can't believe people are even saying there was any doubt. There is a definite push on Vidic.

There is very little mention of the push on Rooney in the first half as he shot, the defenders arms were all over him.

I think people are underestimating Lille - they are a decent well organised team, on another night though Utd could have had 3/4 goals - they has by far the better chances.

Ronaldo 1v1 on keeper
    Saha - first touch
    Larssons chip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

redspider wrote:
    Lille 0-1 Man Utd

I think you mean in the spirit of the game not the laws. The referee is in a difficult position as far as the rule goes as he is not obliged to give the opposition any warning as to when the attacking team takes the free kick. Lets just say a free kick is awarded 50 yards out and Stevie Gerard Decides to put it dow and whack it as he sees the Barca goalie is daydreaming. Is the referee in cahoots then? Or is it just quick thinking. the referee only has to blow the whistle once for a direct free kick, he does not have to blow it again to restart play. The only exception being a Penalty Kick.

I think it's a gray area, like the offside rule. It needs to be highlighted to everyone what the exact ruling is. Players that know the rules should not be labelled sneaky and referees should not be considered to be in Cahoots just because they do not decide to give the Defenders a lesson on the rules of Diret freekicks while they are lining up the wall. That is up to them to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Yeah there is very little mention of the couple of glorious chances United squandered. Rooneys brilliant run past 3 defenders only for his cross to be a little too strong for Giggs and Larsson trying to chip 2 defenders on the line. Saha had a brilliant chance too. Could easily have been 3-0.

IMO United were the better team, without playing well, and deserved the win. The Lille defence looked all over the place and that Tavlaridis looked like a right donkey when he was run at. There was a definite push on Vidic. Push = Foul.

What a bunch of petulant children walking over to the sideline. Not only the fact they were almost going to take their ball and go home after the goal but constantly they were gesturing to the ref for cards. And the coach with the white top on waving them off. They were made to look exactly what they are...bad losers and a poor team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The thing is, everybody does know the rules, which is why every team has a player over the ball when in that position until the referee marks out the 10 yards. THEN if they encroach the 10 yards it is against the rules.

AthAnRi wrote:
    I think you mean in the spirit of the game not the laws. The referee is in a difficult position as far as the rule goes as he is not obliged to give the opposition any warning as to when the attacking team takes the free kick. Lets just say a free kick is awarded 50 yards out and Stevie Gerard Decides to put it dow and whack it as he sees the Barca goalie is daydreaming. Is the referee in cahoots then? Or is it just quick thinking. the referee only has to blow the whistle once for a direct free kick, he does not have to blow it again to restart play. The only exception being a Penalty Kick.

I think it's a gray area, like the offside rule. It needs to be highlighted to everyone what the exact ruling is. Players that know the rules should not be labelled sneaky and referees should not be considered to be in Cahoots just because they do not decide to give the Defenders a lesson on the rules of Diret freekicks while they are lining up the wall. That is up to them to know.

I dont think the ruling needs to be cleared up at all. If a free is awarded in the centre circle, usually a player just stops the ball and then takes the free to a nearby team mate. Same thing really...quick free kick with no whistle.

If a free is awarded outside the box sometimes you will see a player stop the ball and take it quickly to a team mate in a scoring position. Again no whistle and defenders will not complain.

Why then should a player who wants to shoot wait for a whistle? If the defensive wall is asleep and back ten yards before they are told to then they only have themselves to blame. The free kick can be taken at anytime providing it is in the correct position and the referee has not stated to wait until the whistle is blown.

You can be sure that when the Lille coach goes over it today he will be more pissed off with his dozy defenders today than the ref. he wouldnt be complaining if they had scored from a similar situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

United were abysmal last night yet again.
    They havent produced a quality away performance in Europe in 4-5 years.
    Its the same old negative disjointed crap.
    Watching the Lille-Utd match was infuriating,paint drying would have been more exciting.
    If United continue that away form they could get a right hiding in the next round away from home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'm happy there was a disallowed goal and crazy reaction by lille, because it does distract from Uniteds god-awful performance. Sure we had a couple of chances, but Lille are about as good as Bolton, and we should be able to perform. I can't remember the last time we played well in Europe. At least we tried a 4-4-2 formation.
    I can't understand why the hell Fergie took Ronaldo off, no idea whatsoever. Giggs was far worse throughout the game. Rooney had pretty much done 2 things and then lost the ball at every opportunity. A very odd decesion, and it didn't pay off at all. Park shoulda come on for Giggs and Saha should come on for Larrson. I feel we've really missed him and havn't performed as well as we can this season since he's been injured.
    Happy to get the win though, a very important win in terms of United in Europe in the past 5 years.

Celtic got a great result, hoping for a score draw in the next round.

While United were terrible, Arsenal lost, which will make their match at home much much much much more interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

people also seem to be forgetting that when a referee does insist that the kicker wait for the whistle it is purely so that the referee can take up an appropriate vantage point when the kick is taken, nothing else.

also, in the correct spirit of the game the advantage is given to the attacker, but quite frankly we very rarely see this happen. i for one am glad to see the advantage with the attackers for once, as cruel as it may seem on the Lille team.
    On the same principle i kind of feel that the Lille goal should have been allowed, as i can't see how the touch was enough to bowl vidic owner in the manner he fell, i feel he was losing his footing already before the touch, but then again those situations are nigh on impossible to conclusively judge and the hands were up from Odemwengie.

aside from those two incidents the game was quite poor, and i don't really feel either team deserved to win.

As for the walk off, the Lille staff are criticising SAF's comments and denying it was a walk off, but i can't see how they can justify themselves. You clearly see in the replays that the Lille staff were waving the players toward them. I don't wan't to see them thrown out, but punishment should be pretty harsh.

Also i heard that the police were really heavy handed with the ManU supporters. Apparently even Van der Sar was affected by the amount of teargas they stuck in there, and a number wee injured.

• Advertisement

Yeah I think Lille might find themselves in a fair bit of trouble thanks to their behaviour on and off the pitch. Probably the first time Lens cops have had to deal with English fans since the World Cup and based on experience decided to hit first and ask questions later. Idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

ziggy67 wrote:
    Isn't it amazing how many times police get "heavy-handed" when English teams play abroad?

Boyscouts each and every one too :rolleyes:

yeah you have a point ziggy, one should always have some skepticism when you hear about these type of incidents involving the english...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yes, look at all the trouble they are causing. French police messed up and the stewards let Utd fans move from where they bought their tickets(sitting with the home fans) and into the away end. Since Hillsborough those stupid fences got banned in UK and should be banned all around the world.

73381199.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=3449EC56B79F1D42DE82DC7259F7D6FA

Lille officials open up gates to away fans section to allow more United fans in which causes too many fans in the section....some fans try to climb over fence....cops throw some tear gas in and use batons on fans on the fence.

Not "heavy-handed" at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

PHB wrote:
    I can't understand why the hell Fergie took Ronaldo off

cas he was very very poor.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

yeah you have a point ziggy, one should always have some skepticism when you hear about these type of incidents involving the english...
    tar and brush springs to mind:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

ziggy67 wrote:
    Yes and they shouldn't have been there.

The Lille officials were in the wrong for moving them into the United section.
    The Police were wrong for stopping people trying to save themselves from being crushed.
    But the Utd fans who bought tickets for an area where they weren't allowed to be were also in the wrong.

A complete clusterf*** all round!

is this a joke /\

If I was over there Id have done anything to get a ticket and if I got one for part of the home section and was moved by stewards I would expect where they moved me to, to be safe.

When will the lesson be learned regarding the perimeter fencing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

PHB wrote:
    I can't understand why the hell Fergie took Ronaldo off, no idea whatsoever. Giggs was far worse throughout the game. Rooney had pretty much done 2 things and then lost the ball at every opportunity. A very odd decesion, and it didn't pay off at all.
    I was under the impression he took Ronaldo off due to an injury to his foot. The camera cut to him on the bench and he had an ice pack sitting on his right foot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement