Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM: Perl Classic Unit Frames [Large Images]

Options
  • 19-02-2007 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

Sorry I have not done it for the past two days :)

What does it do?
    Perl Classic Unit Frames is a complete rewrite of the original mods by Perl. As you will notice it looks very similar to the originals. It has been a high priority to maintain the look and feel while expanding functionality. The mod has been recoded for performance and is built around the Blizzard UI usage of events.

Q+A
    Q: I'm seeing double party buffs for some reason, what gives?
    A: 99% of the time this is caused by CT_PartyBuffs. Simply remove the mod and you will return to having one set of party buffs.

Q: I am having massive dead spots for clicking on some of the unit frames, what's wrong?
    A: This can be caused by a number of mods, but the most common seems to be CT_MovableParty. Please remove this mod as Perl can be moved without the use of this mod.

Q: The default party frames are showing up with red lightning bolts. What's going on?
    A: As of version 1.503 of CT_RaidAssist this should no longer be caused by CTRA. The settings for this are now located in the WoW settings under Interface Options -> Basic -> Raid -> Hide Party Interface.

Q: Do you support ArcaneBar?
    A: Yes, it is available as a separate download on Curse's website located here: http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=2257

Q: What happened to the buffs below the player frame?
    A: As of Version 0.76 support for this mod has been discontinued. It was in dire need of a full recode and there is already a mod that does everything and more. I highly recommend you check out Satrina Buff Frame as a replacement and improvement to this mod. It can be found here: http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=1503

Q: I just switched from Nymbia's, where are my party pets and raid frames?
    A: They are both also available as separate downloads on Curse's website located here: http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=2257

Q: Why didn't you just include these extra Perl mods into the main package?
    A: Due to their OnUpdate and/or optional nature, the possibility of lag is just too great in any situation that is already by nature (raids, ae fights). These mods are available due to their popularity, but I cannot promise good performance from them when used alongside a big list of other mods.

Q: The scaling is all messed up! What do i do?
    A: I recommend setting the scale to that of the UI if you are having issues. Open the options menu via '/perl' or the Black Pearl icon on the minimap and set the scale accordingly.

Q: I am having an issue not listed in this FAQ, what can I do?
    A: First, update *every* mod. I do not support ancient outdated and unmaintained mods. If you have double checked that everything is up to date, post on any of the Perl Classic mod pages and I'll be glad to help you narrow down the issue or give suggestions to help find a solution.

Q: Can you add this feature?
    A: I'm sure it's possible, but the primary purpose of this mod is to 'modernize' the original Perl mod so that it doesn't slow your game down.

Images
    1148552806cthunperl.jpg

1148552806compactpercentportraitsraid.jpg

Download Loactions:
    --
    WorldofWar.net
    --
    Curse Gaming
    --

Want to request a mod to be reviewed? Want furthur advice on general WoW Topics? PM me here or email me @ wowmodsaddons@gmail.com

Advertisement