Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance cover in the UK

Options
  • 19-02-2007 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

I am over in Swansea studying for a year, with an Irish reged car and an Irish insurance policy with Quinn-direct. I have been over and back once or twice so I am covered on the number of consecutive days outside the country.

My friend also has a quinn direct policy and told them she was going to the UK for the year and they said no problem and made a note of it. (She has a provisional so technically she has no licence to drive over here but they didnt seem bothered and she was not aware her licence was invalid outside Ireland until I told her!!).

I am thinking of ringing and telling QUinn this but worried that they will make me cancel my Irish policy and take out a Uk one. Its not a major problem as Quinn Ireland brance will forward all the stuff to Quinn Uk but I am worried about price changes etc.

I have got quotes from both the Irish and UK versions of the website and it is identical. Does anyone know for a fact or not if Quinn will just give me the nod or make me go through hoops?

Advertisement