Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

is gamestops 360 deal a gd deal?

• 19-02-2007 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

trade in a console 4games n get premium bundle for €200??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

yes,it is a great deal.im going to get it myself.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

That does sound pretty good if it means that your getting it for half price, do you think you could get €200 for your old console + games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

is their any condition though? I have an xbox and a load of old xbox games, they hardly take 200 euros off the price just for the xbox and 4 old games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Doffaldinho

is their any condition though? I have an xbox and a load of old xbox games, they hardly take 200 euros off the price just for the xbox and 4 old games?

The games must be worth more then €40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

So could I trade in a mega drive and a whole load of games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

meh so anyway i like got the 360:P

Does anyone know where i can get more info on this deal online??

Also what does the Premium bundle consist of?

If they wont take the mega drive :P then i have a GAmecube laying around here that I can trade in, or would then accept teh Gamecube and its games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Premium Bundle:360 console
    1 wireless controller
    1 wired headset
    1 ethernet cable
    1 component hd av cable
    20 Gb hard drive

Cheers man, so does anyone know if teh y are taking Gamecubes ( I assume they will not take mega drive games.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

christophicus,
    Gamestop in waterford says ps2+4 games to be equal to the value of 44euro and you get the CORE system for 199euro!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭colmranger

I see on the net Premium bundles are set to be slashed to €299!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Cheers man, so does anyone know if teh y are taking Gamecubes ( I assume they will not take mega drive games.)

No, the only consoles they are talking are PS2, Nin DS, Gameboy Micro (and SP I think) and PSP .. basically only consoles they know they can sell on. No GameCube or Xbox since they aren't worth much now the 360 and Wii are out. Not sure is it only the slim PS2, it didn't say on the sign.

But considering you can pick a GB Micro for €55 in HMV and Virigin, its not bad (assuming you have some old Gameboy Advance games to include).

No game included as far as I know, so you aren't getting the €409 bundle (ie Premium with a game). Factor in a game from somewhere like Play or Play-Asia and you save about €150 off what you would have to pay normally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

colmranger wrote:
    I see on the net Premium bundles are set to be slashed to €299!:eek:

Where?

Is this to do with the rumor that a new Xbox 360 with a HDMI cable and 120Gig harddrive is coming out in March?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭colmranger

Wicknight wrote:
    Where?

Is this to do with the rumor that a new Xbox 360 with a HDMI cable and 120Gig harddrive is coming out in March?

Yes you are correct, read below:

http://www.t3.co.uk/news/247/games/xbox/xbox_price_slashed

Jambo wrote:
    christophicus,
    Gamestop in waterford says ps2+4 games to be equal to the value of 44euro and you get the CORE system for 199euro!

AAhh FFS were really getting screwed out of it down here!!! We really need a second game shop in the city centre to get some compitition going!!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭iremex

wicknight, the older ps2 model can also be traded in..

the guy at the counter mentioned to me that even if i didnt have any games, i could go to their bargin bin and pick out the cheapest games there, buy them and trade them again the xbox(cheapest game there was 4euro!)

regarding the xbox bundle, its still a bit of a pain in the hole that you have to go and buy an xbox game on top of it,

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I called gamestop about this and they said that they had stopped doing it a while ago. I think its worth something in the region of 40 euro off your 360 if you trade in an old console.
    They will also check if it actually works, which pretty much rules out exchanging the Xbox!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Was in Game during the week and you can get a Core console, Fusion Frenzy 2, Viva Pinata and a 64mb memory card for €300. Doesn't seem to bad. You could prob sell the games/memory card for at least €75 so you'd be getting a new core unit for €225

Jambo wrote:
    christophicus,
    its not €199 its €99! and for the premium its €199

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Is that xtravision deal with a premium and 4 or 5 games for €500 still going? For me it would still be the best deal going. Although if a new model is around the corner (along with price cuts), might be a time to wait.

LookingFor wrote:
    Is that xtravision deal with a premium and 4 or 5 games for €500 still going? For me it would still be the best deal going. Although if a new model is around the corner (along with price cuts), might be a time to wait.
    it comes with 4 games(pgr3, ninety nine nights, arcade thing,perfect dark) n its not 500 its only 410! n u get an extra controller too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

I got the Premium console from Gamstop, Henry Street last week. I got a slimline PS2 a few months ago so I had an "Original" PS2 to trade in. I traded in 4 games including Star Trek: Encounters, which has to be the worst game ever.

They check the console in store before they hand over the new console.

€199 is a great price for this console, I saved around €150 by trading in something that was only gathering dust. The games in Gamestop are quite expensive though, so I just popped over to Game and got Need for Speed: Carbon (New) for €44.99 on a half term special, I also bought a few games on e-bay, so basically for around €370.00, I got an Xbox 360 premium, 5 new and 1 used games.

LookingFor wrote:
    i got that deal before xmas...E500 = 360 premium and splinter cell:DA,Gears of war,Project gothem 3 and pro evo 6......dunno if its still around

Advertisement