Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sudoku generator VB

Options
  • 19-02-2007 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

hi all,

Started a project in which i have to generate sudokus of varying difficulty but i really have no idea where to start. It has to be done in visual basic or in excel but taking into consideration that i've only been programming in VB for about a year my knowledge isn't substantial. I've checked the net but the only code i can get my hands on is pretty complex. If anyone has ever done one or would have an idea of how i shoud go around doing this i'd much appreciate the feedback.

Also if anyone knows any links or decent downloadable sudoku generators with accessible code that'd also be handy.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055012835

Have a read of that and try again. To start you off in the right direction, sit down with a pen and paper and write down the problem. Then break it down into a series of smaller problems, then break them down into a series of even smaller problems. The start solving these small problems on paper.

The problem here isn't the code, its your ability to design code (or lack there of) and a sudoku generator is ideal for learning those kind of skills.

Advertisement