Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to avoid this??

• 19-02-2007 9:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ok im talking about when you break up with your ex and your both on bebo,myspace...im trying to remain good friends with her!we txt at least once a week/bebo each other and even see each other out and have a chat...but what if looking at her bebo page does my head in..I would delete my account but i enjoy catching up with friends on it!!

im addicted to looking at her page!!ive tried moving her down the friend list but i cant help seeing whos writing comments to her and get insanely jealous...anyone in a simular situation??wat did you do?

Any useful comments appreciated..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Put both your profiles on private and just dont text her. Obv you haven't been apart long enough to be friends yet. You need to get over her alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

You're not over her and it certainly won't help you to get over her by trying to stay friends immediately after, and checking up on her through Bebo.

You're only going to end up hurting yourself even further if you continue, so I'd suggest either deleting your account, or deleting her from your friends list at the very least and get some distance between the two of you, until you've moved on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

deleteing her will just hurt her feelings. i remeember i was the same way with my last ex. trust me in a few months you wont be feeling this way. it passes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

deleteing her will just hurt her feelings. i remeember i was the same way with my last ex. trust me in a few months you wont be feeling this way. it passes
    Lol, hurt her feelings?They're not together anymore, he should be looking out for himself.

Such an obsession isn't healthy and will do him absolutely no good. The quicker he sorts it out, the quicker he can move on with his life and find a new girl to give his attention to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭henry hill

"Out of sight out of mind".

You really need your space from her if your really gonna get over her. Easier said then done tho. Fair enough bumping into her when your out and about, that cant be always helped. But you can control what you do, so stop looking at her bebo account. No good can come from it.

What if one day you see a comment/pics of her with someother guy? All it'll do is hurt you, plus you'll probably bring it up the next time your see her out and that could turn into an regretful conversation. STOP yourself from clicking onto her page! ... thats the first step to move on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

but what if looking at her bebo page does my head in..
    Well, stop looking at it, and try to get over her, which you obviously haven't. Then start dating others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Yeah, good advice from lil kitten. You say you're still friends with her; explain the situ to her and ask her kindly to put it on private, and delete her as a friend (bebo/myspace only ;)), and you do the same - for her. Than you can know her onlyas you should - a (quite distant for these early stages) friend.

Advertisement