Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia E50-2 WTF??

• 19-02-2007 9:34pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ordered an E50 from voda and I got an E50-2 which has no camera. Whats the story with that, the nokia site dosnt show an E50-2 but now that I google it I found reference to it. Is there any other differences?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

no, the only difference is the lack of camera.

I have one of these myself...although I've only used it for a few days so far having had it since December. The camera isn't a big deal for me anyway - it's only a 1.3megapixel and I have that on my 6230i.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

rew there are 2 different models 1 is with camera and the other one is without.Just call vodafone and ask them for the other one

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I know there are 2 im just surprised there are 2 :D

I was wondering is anyoone got an E50-1 from Voda?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I got to the bottom of it anyway:
    My Source wrote:
    The E50's supplied by Nokia Ireland dont have a camera on it as it was draining the battery and performance. They decided it is more of a business handset and they did not want a poor battery life to distort the performance. Hence no camera. They wont be issuing these with cameras.

I can't see how the camera would drain the battery life, unless you're constantly taking photos.

Met a customer today who had a Vodafone one and his didn't have the camera either...he had it as a replacement for the 6310i (although he's just picked up 2 of these as well) and had 818 numbers stored on it!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

jrey1981 wrote:
    I can't see how the camera would drain the battery life, unless you're constantly taking photos.

Met a customer today who had a Vodafone one and his didn't have the camera either...he had it as a replacement for the 6310i (although he's just picked up 2 of these as well) and had 818 numbers stored on it!!
    Wow that guy must be a busy man with 818 numbers :)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Hmm. The spin we got was that the camera was for asian markets and that the european business markets didn't want a camera on their business phones (which seems more plausible).

drdre wrote:
    Wow that guy must be a busy man with 818 numbers :)

:D yep he runs a plant hire company, so I guess he is. I'm sure that must be some kind of record...!

Back to the E50, is anyone using the push email service on it? I downloaded the settings for it from the Nokia website and know how to set it up...I'm just not sure if I want the GPRS charges that go with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

jrey1981, the E50 supports BlackBerry push email as far as I'm aware of. As a result, for about €20 a month, you can subscribe to an "all you can eat package" from both O2 or Vodafone.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I use it at the moment as a replacement for my Blackberry but I don't think it is a true blackberry killer. It doesn't have all the features eg it can't sync contacts over the air, its inability to use internal (work) proxy server (this shows when you click on links etc) and the screen is a bit small.

• Advertisement
Advertisement