Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Webstats Analyser?

Options
  • 19-02-2007 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have been using www.statcounter.com to track my sites visitors but the log size is too small and some of the results seem suspect to me.

Anyone know of any good free stat analysers or even any programms that you have to pay for but are worth a bit of cash?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Don't StatCounter have a subscription option? I've always been happy with them.

Suspect observations are often bots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

google analytics ? ... that said it requires you to throw some code into your site ...

handy if you've got a header / footer file you can just dump it in to ?

Won't help you though analysing your old log files ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

I use mint on a lot of sites, like it alot

www.haveamint.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Don't you have access to something like Awstats?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Bananna man

No, im with host ireland and they dont even have log files for individual domains on a server. Sent them a mail about it today and they said they would look into it to see if its possible.

• Advertisement

No, im with host ireland and they dont even have log files for individual domains on a server. Sent them a mail about it today and they said they would look into it to see if its possible.
    huh?

Surely they must have some form of stats. Don't they even give you webalizer?

No, i was suprised as well. Im using statcounter.com for all the sites i have with them. Seems strange alright, in general they are usually very good for hosting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

to be honest its a pretty basic thing for them to have ... why aren't they offering it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭randombar

I use google analytics for my site http://www.ratemypub.ie and it seems to do a great job!

forbairt wrote:
    to be honest its a pretty basic thing for them to have ... why aren't they offering it ?

They have since been onto me and set it up for my individual domain, but it doesnt seem to be a standard thing they do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭destraynor

+1 to the "Just use Google Analytics" recommendation.

Does everything you need, and a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

heggie wrote:
    I use mint on a lot of sites, like it alot

www.haveamint.com
    Never seen this before. It's quite neat. My try it out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

checked out that haveamint.com one , looks real good kinda like webalyzer in green but with the extra features you can install on top of the basic install it looks like a winner for me to replace webalyzer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 5 Times

eh? bah? gah? sneh!

oh nevermind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭comer_97

get that post out of here!

Advertisement