Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone please help

Options
  • 19-02-2007 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

I am with BT broadband and right now i can only go int boards.ie and adverts.ie websites.What could be wrong.All help appreciated

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

a nasty virus , a very nasty virus , you are 100% owned .

what security software is installed ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Dman001 wrote:
    I am with BT broadband and right now i can only go int boards.ie and adverts.ie websites.What could be wrong.All help appreciated

Similar problem here in Sligo and I'm with BT. I can only access certain websites e.g. boards.ie, gmail, yahoo but cannot connect to yahoo messenger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Looks like BTs dns is down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Yeah just since this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055056370 and changed DNS settings as advised and its working now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

use opendns as primary but use a dns belonging to your own isp as secondary in case of backbone problems

if you tracert to www.opendns.org its quite far away in internet terms, its on NTT , a Japanese carrier , in London .

frying pan and fire stuff, opendns also blocks phishing and virus/trojan dispensing sites and is a great idea for a n00b or especially someone on dialup as a primary dns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

its okay now.I reset my router and it worked.Thanks for all the help

Advertisement