Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Ballyjamesduff

Options
  • 19-02-2007 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭

I am living in Ballyjamesduff since last year but haven't really experienced the town much as I am away alot through work.

Just wondering what other people think of the town. Those who are new to the area and how they find it. Those who grew up here, tell us about how the town has changed.

Any one suffering any problems such anti-social behaviour. I haven't seen anything in the town but that doesn't mean it never happens.

Would love it hear your story.:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭marlena

I live in Bailieboro but my mother used to live in the Ballyjamesduff area.
    I personally find the town it'self very reserved.
    I cant imagine much antisocial behavior in Ballyjamesduff.Everytown is prone to unwanted behaviors at some time or another.That's life.
    I would not consider Ballyjamesduff ''rough''.

If you get an opportunity go over to Lough Crew.It is outside of Oldcastle which is only a couple of miles from Ballyjamesduff. Very beautiful over there.

Regards Marlena

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

^My homeplace is Oldcastle not far from Ballyjamesduff, I get back there as often as I can with my travelling and all the work carryon. I can't imagine Ballyduff being rough, everyone just seemed to keep to themselves. Loughcrew is very nice indeed and a breath of fresh air that is needed sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Loughcrew sounds like a nice place. Are there any walkways that are off road? Im looking for a place to take the kids and dogs out for a walk somewhere nice that is near Ballyduff. Any other places u could suggest would be appecriated.

People living in Ballyduff are very friendly indeed. There are alot of foreigners living and working here and seem have integrated very well into the community.

Yeah, you can walk through the gardens and I think there is a cafe around there also and they have stuff for kids to do I believe.
    Virginia Forest Park isn't too far away from you either, another nice walk.

I was in the grounds of the Park Hotel in Virginia, is that Virginia Forest Park? It is nice in there. And I found Boston International College in there too. I found another forest walk on the Oldcastle road just a couple of miles from virginia too. Didn'thave time to explore it yet though.

I was talking to a couple of people about Lough Crew today and they it is a gorgeous area. One of them told me roughly where it is as they found by accident. I pretty sure we were in the area last year when we were looking at houses to buy. Think we discounted the area because the roads are really bad and there is no easy access to anywhere really. Must go back and find Lough Crew.

• Advertisement

Yeah, it would be in around the Park Hotel alright. Nice golf course there.

well we went up to Lough Crew and it is beautiful up there. Went into the gardens but they were charging €5 each ( there was four of us). Didn't go in cos it was a case of I thought my g/f had money and she thought I had money!!! hence no money.

Fore is the next place to visit another day. Heard about the Seven Wonders. Sounds like a must see.

Advertisement