Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with sleeping

Options
  • 20-02-2007 12:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for advice, for the last couple of weeks my girlfriend has been having trouble sleeping. In this time she has only ever got 3-4 hours sleep a night, usually waking up at 4am and then staying awake for the rest of the night. She has tried lavander oil and she exercises a couple of times a week. Any advice to remedy this problem, maybe from someone who suffered from similar problems, would be much appreciated.
    Cheers
    J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Sleeping tablets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Does she drink much tea/coffee/other caffeinated products during the day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Backtoblack

Is she worried about something? or stressed at work? :(
    Maybe a massage would help relax or some lavender in an oil burner before bed or on pillow.
    Hope she starts sleeping properly soon, its awful being tired all the time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Puts on my sensible hat..............

If she thinks it's a serious problem then maybe she should see her doctor. I reckon her doctor would have the best advice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

There's loads of great tips here on a sticky ;)http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=827

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

moved from AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Is she worried about something? or stressed at work? :(
    Maybe a massage would help relax or some lavender in an oil burner before bed or on pillow.
    Hope she starts sleeping properly soon, its awful being tired all the time!!
    Yeah, OP, maybe shes pregnant and is stressing over how to tell you...

J/k :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Job or school stress, relationship probs, diet, caffine, smoking, recreational drugs, and recent change in contraceptive pill could be factors? And exercising only twice weekly won't help much. Daily exercise would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Sleeping tablets?

...can be addictive.

Maybe it's a work related issue she needs to talk about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 pinkie1

i use a pepperment serum on my temples and earlobes. iit is from the brand origins . It helps relax your breathing etc but then depends why she is not sleeping- sounds like stress but the peppermint thing might help a little

• Advertisement
Advertisement