Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Riot squad to be at Croker on Saturday

• 20-02-2007 12:40am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭

Now Im not going to bring up all the bullsh!t again about the English national anthem and all thats already been discussed. This is a new development today as far as I know that the riot squad will be at Croke Park and I have an awful feeling something is going to seriously kick off if Ireland lose.

Anyone else going to avoid the city centre like the plague on Saturday? :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Won't be in during the day but will be heading in during the evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

I have an awful feeling something is going to seriously kick off if Ireland lose.
    Me too, actually I have a feeling it would happen regardless :(

I really hope nothing happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'll be settled in with a bag of crips in front of the news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Load of rubbish. If we lose we'll take it well.

The trouble, if any, will be from the soccer hooligans before the match coming down to protest against the lack of respect for their culture.

I think a lot of people commenting in the media have never been to a rugby match. This is not Man City vs Millwall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

I have an awful feeling something is going to seriously kick off if Ireland lose.

If there is going to be a riot the result of the match wont cause it. Rugby supporters generally don't riot when they don't win a game. I reckon if there is any trouble it will come from a small band of non-rugby heads who turn up to the game, possibly their first time ever at a rugby match and are intent on causing trouble regardless of what happens on the pitch.

I'm still optimistic that I will get to see a great match on saturday and I hope whatever little ra heads are there to cause trouble get quietly battered by the gardai away from the cameras so they don't get a chance to embarrass us with their backwards antics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I've been hoping for such a response from the Guards, at least it shows that they are prepared. If I'd the choice, I'd ban that Republican Sinn Fein protest too - there is having a meaningful protest, and then there is attempting to incite violence.

Again, I do hope nothing happens.

I really hope nothing happens. Last years riots were unbelievably embarrassing, as was the Gardaí's handling of it (I mean, how many actually got punished for their behaviour in the end?).

Though, given the sheer volume of retarded little shams in this country, it is a frightening possibility. I just hope that, should anything happen, the Gardaí handle it appropriately.

I'd actually go so far as to say I'd be happy to see the Gardaí take off their ID numbers and start kicking lumps out of each and every little sham involved.

Trojan wrote:
    Load of rubbish. If we lose we'll take it well.

The trouble, if any, will be from the soccer hooligans before the match coming down to protest against the lack of respect for their culture.

I think a lot of people commenting in the media have never been to a rugby match. This is not Man City vs Millwall.
    Whilst I fully agree that rugby fans are generally a more passive bunch, and generally a lot better behaved than football fans, I just think that this presents an opportunity to the "Eire32"/IRA-wannabe/etc retards like no other event in the past few years (bar the Orange march last year...and look what happened there).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Judt

If the Guards have the riot squads out, keep them discreet (nothing to set off a scumbag like a cop he can throw stuff at), and then know who is where causing what trouble, they can solve most problems before they kick off. I hope there isn't a riot, just so as we don't have to listen to Charlie Bird complaining about whatever people were calling him on the 6.1. Yes Charlie, we know you're RTE's chief correspondent. Well done.

Seriously, this is what should nip the damn thing in the bud. Although who isn't hoping for that one luck shot from some scumbag (or Irish player in disguise) to take out a certain England kicker.... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭techguy

Any trouble that may be caused will probably be caused outside by people who dont' even understand why and probably won't even have tickets to the match..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

I'd ban that Republican Sinn Fein protest too - there is having a meaningful protest, and then there is attempting to incite violence.
    I would'nt go that far now. It's a peaceful protest simple as that.

I just hope the BNP/Nazis dont come over as they did before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

There won't be any riots. The GAA saying that playing god save the queen is grand was a big boost in stopping potential violence.

The English have been going to Lansdowne with no real problem. And, despite what was a shameful event 85 years ago, there should be no reason why there'll be any hassle in Croker. Or outside for that matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

"What's the easiest way to define 'Irish'"? Fintan O'Toole asked the other day in the paper. "Not English." he answered himself. And for some people, he's sadly correct.
    So that is why people get so upset about the idea of the Englishmen playing rugby, and their national anthem being sang by English fans in that stadium, a bastion of (non-English) Irishness which allegedly belongs only to a hurling and Gaelic Football identity.

Well it doesn't belong to only a hurling and gaelic football identity, because it has been rented by the GAA to the the IRFU for a hefty fee, and rugby will be played there. "Non-English" is not the definition of Irishness, because that sells your definition of your nationality back to a foreign country.

So if someone is aggrieved by the match, or where it is, perhaps they should ask themselves why this is a threat to their national identity. And if their identity can be so easily corrupted, or is battered by a sports team singing a song, maybe it isn't a very valid identity at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I'd rather have the riot squad lined up outside Croke Park even if there turns out to be no riot than have a riot outside Croke Park and no riot squad lined up anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I've a bad feeling the Sunday papers will be splashed with photos of English fans with cut / bruised faces after skirmishes with thugs just using the event as an excuse for a fight, similar to the mindset around the time of the 'Love Ulster' Parade.
    It really won't take much to start things off, and an evening kickoff will make things harder for the Gardai to patrol. It'll only take a few golf balls / bottles etc.. to be hurled into an English crowd for panic to start, and the media will be waiting for it. :(
    There won't be any riots. The GAA saying that playing god save the queen is grand was a big boost in stopping potential violence.
    These thugs won't give a damn. The event itself is all the excuse they need to hijack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Wait, wait. Since when did GAA fans become hooligans? Eh?

As someone pointed out earlier, rugby fans are'nt as.. hooliganish (dont want to offend anyone) and soccer fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

As someone pointed out earlier, rugby fans are'nt as.. hooliganish (dont want to offend anyone) and soccer fans.
    I think it's pretty clear that most people don't expect trouble at the match itself inside the ground, or among the true rugby fans.
    Huh? What about some of the players! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

What was intended as a peaceful protest at the love ulster crap in Dublin last year sadly provided a rally point for mindless scumbags to start rioting/looting/rascist attacks. They'd do well to cancel it of their own accord.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Dear Jesus I can't believe some people are ACTUALLY thick enough to think that people are going to riot based on their sporting preferences!!!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Futureman

Sorry to sound ignorant, but I don't follow sports at all - can someone sum up what's going on? I presume Ireland are playing England in Rugby in Croke Park this Saturday - whats the fuss? Who would riot & why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Futureman wrote:
    Sorry to sound ignorant, but I don't follow sports at all - can someone sum up what's going on? I presume Ireland are playing England in Rugby in Croke Park this Saturday - whats the fuss? Who would riot & why?

well im guessing the reason is because the last time the english were in croke park they brought tanks and killed gaa fans and players

for me it is in the past i think it would do alot if the english did make some sort of tribute to the people they killed that day but if its not going to happen its not worth a riot lol

for the record this will NOT be the first time the english national anthem is to be played in croke park

by the way a sports journalist wrote in the english times last week "ireland may not have the strong backbone in the scrum that the english have but the english wont have the tanks and guns they had the last time they were in croke park" quote of the century for pure neck

Futureman wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Sunday_(1920)

The English national anthem being sung in Croker is a sore point dew to the events of Bloody Sunday, 1920.... That's right. 87 years ago. I'm not saying what happened was right, but there's a point where ya have to realize that the past is in the past. Some people will, more than likely, use the horrors of the past to have a go at running amok and causing chaos...

dregin wrote:
    The English national anthem being sung in Croker is a sore point dew to the events of Bloody Sunday

the english national anthem was played/sung in croke park at least once during the special olympics and if it stops there being trouble at the weekend i think the media should be making more of a point about that

dregin wrote:
    What was intended as a peaceful protest at the love ulster crap in Dublin last year sadly provided a rally point for mindless scumbags to start rioting/looting/rascist attacks. They'd do well to cancel it of their own accord.

I wouldnt say the protest itself was a rally point, the location more than anything else.

edit - being right at the GPO.

PeakOutput wrote:
    the english national anthem was played/sung in croke park at least once during the special olympics and if it stops there being trouble at the weekend i think the media should be making more of a point about that
    I hadn't even considered that fact. But hilighting the fact wouldn't make for very sensationalist reporting would it???? The tabloids want this to happen so they can spew their usual ****e to the shed loads of morons who eat it up on a daily basis.

Resolving conflict = BORING... sad state of the life of a tabloid.

dregin wrote:
    sad state of the life of a tabloid.

dosnt have to be the tabloids but i know what you mean

i was on oconnel st last year during the riots as i worked their and im young and dumb so went out to get photos, anyone who says the gardai dealt with it badly wasnt there and has not got a clue and as far as i know the first guy prosecuted for the riots was done last week

a little ot but jsut thought id throw it in their

I'm sure orders from the top(to the gardai) will be ''Do not let the thugs take over again''.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

InFront wrote:
    "What's the easiest way to define 'Irish'"? Fintan O'Toole asked the other day in the paper. "Not English." he answered himself. And for some people, he's sadly correct.
    So that is why people get so upset about the idea of the Englishmen playing rugby, and their national anthem being sang by English fans in that stadium, a bastion of (non-English) Irishness which allegedly belongs only to a hurling and Gaelic Football identity.

Well it doesn't belong to only a hurling and gaelic football identity, because it has been rented by the GAA to the the IRFU for a hefty fee, and rugby will be played there. "Non-English" is not the definition of Irishness, because that sells your definition of your nationality back to a foreign country.

So if someone is aggrieved by the match, or where it is, perhaps they should ask themselves why this is a threat to their national identity. And if their identity can be so easily corrupted, or is battered by a sports team singing a song, maybe it isn't a very valid identity at all.

It is still the GAA's ground. The GAA are the landlords, the IRFU and for that matter the FAI are the tenants. How ironic, Michael Cusack one of the founders of the GAA and hence the Cusack stand, was also a member of the Land League! I suppose that shows you how Ireland and indeed the GAA has changed. Not so narrow minded as people would like to think! The GAA owns the ground that the "foreign and opresive sports" are renting! Anyway I have said that in a tongue in cheek way! but there is some truth there.

O'Toole also said the week before, whether we like it or not Sport and religion, culture etc. are linked. The majority (by far) of GAA followers are very pround of the distinctly Irish identity that the GAA represents. That is not an anti-British sentiment, just pro-Irish culture. We should be confident enough to respect our own people's culture in this modern Ireland. The GAA is confident enough to say that GSTQ is a matter for the RFU. That is a statement of the new GAA. "Proud and confident enough of our own games and stadia to not interfere in other cultures and games". Unlike what some tried to do 5 years ago when the democratic vote was against Croker being opened. The GAA can't win!

Most of the protestors on Sat will not be wearing GAA jerseys! They will be wearing the jersey of the club who's supporters sing the National Anthem in English!

Conor O'Shea will be talking to the English team about the significance of the venue. I read in Gaelic Life magazine, an Ulster GAA magazine, that John Inverdale, the BBC Rugby presenter met with Jarlath Burns about 5 years ago.(former Armagh Gaelic player, TG4 regular, Irish speaker and the man who introduced Rugby to his Catholic school!) He attended several club games in the North and has been to All Ireland hurling and Football finals. He had taken time to understand and indeed have immense respect for the GAA before Croker was an issue. Maybe some Irish people can learn from him! He can see what the GAA is, and what it represents, but some Irish people can't. They get wrapped up in their own prejudices!

These 2 men are what represents the now not the past. Understand and respect different identities and be very proud of your own.

There will be no riot squad needed for these people and indeed the majority of people, GAA, Rugby or Soccer members who are interested in Saturday's match. Why do the Republican SF people remind me of the football hooligans from Lansdowne Road and indeed any city/ground u care to mention from around Europe that have been visited by those great nationalistic National Front members in the past?

Quote: Whiskeyman
    Originally Posted by Haven't a Clue
    Huh? What about some of the players!

Them Rugby players are saints too! Gentlemen! Lol! At least there will be no diving or theatricals in Croker on Sat. Leave that to the Luvie brigade next month! Lol!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Seanies32 wrote:
    It is still the GAA's ground.
    built with rugby supporters tax money. ;)

Seanies32 wrote:
    It is still the GAA's ground. The GAA are the landlords, the IRFU and for that matter the FAI are the tenants. How ironic, Michael Cusack one of the founders of the GAA and hence the Cusack stand, was also a member of the Land League! I suppose that shows you how Ireland and indeed the GAA has changed. Not so narrow minded as people would like to think! The GAA owns the ground that the "foreign and opresive sports" are renting! Anyway I have said that in a tongue in cheek way! but there is some truth there.

O'Toole also said the week before, whether we like it or not Sport and religion, culture etc. are linked. The majority (by far) of GAA followers are very pround of the distinctly Irish identity that the GAA represents.

I agree with your post in its entirety. My only problem is with the guys who think this is a sell-out (in the sense of betrayal), or that it undermines the GAA, or that it undermines Irishness, or undermines the dignity of Irish people. In fact, this game, so long as the more rebellious factions of the crowd, inside or outside, stay quiet, will do the exact opposite.

I hate when sporting occasions attempt to make political comments, but in this case, it has the potential to be an extremely positive statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Futureman

dregin wrote:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Sunday_(1920)

The English national anthem being sung in Croker is a sore point dew to the events of Bloody Sunday, 1920.... That's right. 87 years ago. I'm not saying what happened was right, but there's a point where ya have to realize that the past is in the past. Some people will, more than likely, use the horrors of the past to have a go at running amok and causing chaos...
    Okay - so there were 2 Bloody Sundays? 1920 and 1972?

Heh, there were about 20! But yeah, two in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭patrickc

From speaking to a Garda inspector today they are expecting TROUBLE big time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

InFront wrote:
    I agree with your post in its entirety. My only problem is with the guys who think this is a sell-out (in the sense of betrayal), or that it undermines the GAA, or that it undermines Irishness, or undermines the dignity of Irish people. In fact, this game, so long as the more rebellious factions of the crowd, inside or outside, stay quiet, will do the exact opposite.

I hate when sporting occasions attempt to make political comments, but in this case, it has the potential to be an extremely positive statement.
    Hold on a minute there, maybe I'm missing something but why did they need to use Croke park in the first place? Isn't the use of Croke park an attempt to make a cack-handed political comment in and of itself?

What exactly is a "positive statement" about the GAA accepting large sums of money to let non GAA sports be played in Croke park? Lets face it, at the end of the day there is no other reason for this decision to have gone through than enormous amounts of shiny coinage and the greed attendant with that.

Or is it some sort of "end to racism against English people" thing going on? Correct me if I'm wrong here, but traditionally, the boot was on the other foot, and it wasn't Irish people that were racist against the English. We have nothing to prove in that court, despite the feeling among some (and I'm looking at you Seanies32) that Ireland is somehow "narrow minded" in that respect.

As I see it, the single and only traditional Irish sporting organisation has reversed its rules about the exclusive use of its sporting grounds, so that they can be used by anyone, in exchange for a fat sack of cash, and under pressure from the political head of the country, that gobshite bertie, no less.

I find a great deal to object to in that.

It doesn't undermine Irishness or whatever, but don't you think it makes us a bit of a laughing stock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

dregin wrote:
    Mark my words - this will be the shower who will cause mayhem on that day.

The English rugger fans won't start anything, but given the vast quantities of drink consumed, I can see trouble happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I live beside Croke Park and this sort of thread has me worried. I park my motorbike outside my house (often unlocked) but I reckon I'll leave it the underground car park at work for the weekend.
    I thought I'd be safe though as I within the garda cordon, i.e you need a match ticket to walk down my road. Better play it safe though.

Just a quick point that I don't think anyone else has raised. I was a volunteer during the 2003 Special Olympics and "God Save the Queen was played in Croke Park then. Why all the hype four years later?

The Gardai should be given a free hand to crack down on any violence that occurs. The sort of scumbags who may cause trouble and profess to hate the English are the same people who worship Premiership teams and English players like Gerrrard, Lampard, etc. I wonder do they see the irony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Futureman wrote:
    Okay - so there were 2 Bloody Sundays? 1920 and 1972?

There were more than two - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_sunday

I think if violence and riots do start it could be the end of rugby being played at Croke Park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Villaricos

Hold on a minute there, maybe I'm missing something but why did they need to use Croke park in the first place? Isn't the use of Croke park an attempt to make a cack-handed political comment in and of itself?

theyre using Croke Park while Lansdowne is being redeveloped so that home internationals wouldnt have to take place abroad. In a perfect world it should be as simple as that. The GAA have voted and decided they would allow it so there should no debate at this stage. They knew this decision would involve an English rugby team singing GSTQ there and they voted yes.

I think the media are hyping this whole issue up to try and cause trouble, yes I know thats what the media does. Sensationalism and all that sells but I think they should step back when it becomes so irresponsible that it could embarass and damage the reputation of the IRFU, the GAA, the Irish rugby team and Ireland as a nation by thugs and rent-a-mob on the day.
    But of course then they get to report it....

Lets not forget 1973 when England were the only rugby team to come over and play in Ireland and got a massive welcome from the crowd, surely being much more recent than 1920 it should be remembered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm very much doubting there'll be hassle in the ground. Though as sceptre says, I'd prefer a huge riot squad and no riot, than a huge riot and no riot squad.

I'd say there may be some hassle outside of the ground (scumbags shouting at Rugby fans and that), but some of that went on at the French match anyway.

I'd just avoid the traditional GAA pubs in and around Croker for the day. One particular pub beginning with a H and ending with a 6 comes to mind.

• Advertisement

I'm really disappointed with the papers reporting of this story.

As someone mentioned god save the queen has already been played at least once at croker already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

A few weeks ago I would have said there'll be no trouble...ABSOLUTLEY NONE. But after reading various articles in papers and talking to a few people in the Gards, I think there will be.

It's sad that we can't move on, but people feel passionate about history, in the same way people feel passionate about sport.

While Irish sport is on a crest of a wave at the moment (forgetting about our soccer team), I've a bad feeling that this could be a dark day in the history of sport. Pray it's just a peaceful protest and doesn't get out of hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Ikky Poo2 wrote:
    Dear Jesus I can't believe some people are ACTUALLY thick enough to think that people are going to riot based on their sporting preferences!!!

I cant believe you are pretending to know what you are on about. Jesus H Christ, how many riots have you seen at rugby or cricket matches? Im not even a rugby follower, but I know that the vast majority of fans are not exactly the rioting type. This is also true of soccer of course, and bar the very odd incident at League of Ireland matches Irish soccer hooliganism is almost unheard of (in the Republic at least), especially international games. However, on a European level soccer is pretty much the only sport that attracts crowd vioence. And despite our constant assurances from the English FA that its a very tiny minority that cause trouble, from what I read from Irish people in Germany during the WC, while certainly not the majority, there was a large minority of fans behaving in a menacing way (either violence or general chanting)

Im not even a big republican at all but imo it shouldnt be played as a mark of respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭Mitzy

If there is going to be any trouble it will be from scobies outside the stadium. Rugby fans are not the rioting type. Either way I believe the media is hyping this whole God Save the Queen thing up. If there is trouble they will have to take responsibility. At this stage its about time people grew up & left history to the history books. We've all got to move with the times!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

A stadium with a capacity for over 83,000 and no car park? Now that's a riot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

shane86 wrote:
    I cant believe you are pretending to know what you are on about. Jesus H Christ, how many riots have you seen at rugby or cricket matches? Im not even a rugby follower, but I know that the vast majority of fans are not exactly the rioting type. This is also true of soccer of course, and bar the very odd incident at League of Ireland matches Irish soccer hooliganism is almost unheard of (in the Republic at least), especially international games. However, on a European level soccer is pretty much the only sport that attracts crowd vioence. And despite our constant assurances from the English FA that its a very tiny minority that cause trouble, from what I read from Irish people in Germany during the WC, while certainly not the majority, there was a large minority of fans behaving in a menacing way (either violence or general chanting)

Im not even a big republican at all but imo it shouldnt be played as a mark of respect.

Well as an ex rugby player i would agree with those saying that in general they are there for the game, and mingling between fans presents no problem. I put it down to the level of physical violence being confined to the pitch :D .

Unfortunately the wannabes and hangers on may want to start something...
    it is worth remembering though that... as far as rugby league is concerned anyways, when the finals were played at wembley the rules stated that the crowd was 10-15000 less than at soccer matches. Due to the fact that rugby fans are "generally bigger and stronger".

As for english and soccer violence... old issue, look at recent events in italy.

Cricket: I believe pakistan once rioted.

The national anthem: Why shouldn't it, if you want to extend logic then it then the irish one shouldn't be played due to the killings in the terrorist campaigns. Quid pro quo.
    Still i am not going to make a serious issue on that last comment and if someone wants to, then thats your small mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭Scootay

The garda public order unit (i.e. riot squad) is always on duty at Croke Park when there is a something on there. It just makes sense when there are that many people in one place to have them on standby. That it is being mentioned in the media now is another attempt to add to the hype.

There's a lot of guff about GSTQ being disrespectful to the lads who died in 1920 and the GAA lads who fought in Cogar na Saoirse but what about the disrespect paid to them everytime GAA fans shout over AnbhF at every single GAA match in Croke Park?

This is a non-event the media are hoping to turn into something and RSF are only delighted at the opportunity to get some ignorant scobies in Celtic jersies chucking bottles as evidence of some grassroots nationalist sentiment.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Damn Rugbyheads, causing all sorts of trouble... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

shane86 wrote:

You misread my post: I was replying to people who thought that soccer/rugby/GAA fans would/would never riot.

There are people who are going to go and cause trouble. They are not interested in ANY sport. They are not there because they like/don't like rugby/GAA/Soccer. Thet are not even there because they are republican. They are there because they are anti-brittish.

What goes on inside Croke is about sport. What goes out outside most certainly is not.
    Any clearer?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

clown bag wrote:
    built with rugby supporters tax money. ;)

Only Rugby supporters pay tax? What is Lansdowne Road being re-developed with, only rugby supporters tax too?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
Advertisement