Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too many threads being dragged off topic and sarcastic answers.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I do think it happens, but certain types, like this poster (not strictly a noob) deserve little http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055056002

Amp makes the point about the meek, but noob problems rarely come from the meek ones.
    Stark wrote:
    who sends down a plague of owls on anyone who disagrees with him.

82303_main.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

amp wrote:
    Is there still a need to let people know there's a S&S forum?

IT is not letting them know ti is there it is telling why they can't acess it;
    as it is I get on average 7 pms a friggin week from people asking why they can't acess it or can I give them acess.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

tba wrote:
    So what you are saying is the stong should let the weak become stong also, I dunno that sounds like communisum.

God forbid our beloved democracy would bow to the forces of the red menace!

What I'm actually saying is that there are those who came on here as newbs, got to know the place and became regulars. Those people either figured it out themselves or had help from other people or both.

DeVore is right, there is a problem with this forum. But we seem to differ on what is causing it and how to fix it. I say help people help themselves, he seems to favour removing a symptom rather than finding a cure.

But hey, what do I know? I'm just a jester :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

amp, one of our intrepid SMods is working on something which might solve what you're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

DeVore wrote:
    All I'm saying is perhaps the world can live without a demonstration of your sparkling wit and razor-like linguistics. .

vadervets.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement