Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skincare

• 20-02-2007 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭littlesurfer

just ran out of moisturiser. It was a kind of expensive brand but wasn't keen on it. Thing is i have a brown thomas voucher for a hundred spuid and was wondering did anyone have any suggestions. Really like to look after my skin, but couple of my friends have said they reckon i'm mad spending that much money and that chemist shelf moisturiser does the same trick.

True? i could spend the voucher on something esle

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

I use dramatically different by Clinique or Nivea (which is a little greasy)....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Strokesfan wrote:
    I use dramatically different by Clinique or Nivea (which is a little greasy)....

I dont know why everyone goes on about clinique mosturiser so much.Its really greasy!
    I use elemis skincare. There great but I dont think they sell elemis in BT's

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Aye, dramatically different is too greasy for me. I'm currently using Cliniques Superdefense moisturiser, as my skin dried out COMPLETELY over the winter, but I'll probably just go back to Nivea when it's gone. At €38 for the smallest pot, it's too expensive for my budget.

Supposedly, designer skincare products cost more because they research more...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I feel like giving up on moisturiser completely. At the moment my skin is terrible. Dry, but oily at the same time, just a mess. I haven't tried a moisturiser I really liked in YEARS.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭yellowellie

I'd say it varies from person to person. I used to use Vichy, which I loved, but went through a poor stage and started using Olay. I started on the lotion, 'Beauty fluid' I think they call it. It has spf15 and suited me fine. My friend at the time was using Simple and inspired by me she got the Olay but she said her face was pure dry with it and gave the nearly full bottle to me. (Nice one!). Personally, I would have thought Simple would be crap but it suited her skin.

Then I was having the same thoughts as you about whether the Olay was 'good' enough. So I upgraded to the Olay Complete Care range - Day and night cream- and have been using it for about two years. No problem with it, has spf 15, isn't greasy and my skin feels moisturised after it. I went to a skincare place (can't think of the correct name but it's more than a Beauty salon, they do electrolysis and laser etc) for treatment for broken veins that I've had all my life and she said I had beautiful skin, like porcelain, no lines or blemishes -apart from the broken capillaries anyway!

My point is it probably depends on the skin. It's probably just by testing different ones that you'll find the correct one, as daunting and expensive as this sounds..

I still wonder sometimes if I would be better in the long term to 'upgrade' again but I come to the conclusion that while you're young keeping your skin moisturised with an spf-containing cream is the important thing and that there can't be that much difference between brands -I could be totally wrong though! I'd say that as time goes on the 'anti-wrinkle' stage will be the natural progression.

• Advertisement

I feel like giving up on moisturiser completely. At the moment my skin is terrible. Dry, but oily at the same time, just a mess. I haven't tried a moisturiser I really liked in YEARS.
    There's a nivea one (I'm pretty sure it's nivea) which is oilfree, and it moisturises the skin while keeping it oil free all day. It's white and cheap enough, you should get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Backtoblack

Clarins! really nice! :) Depending on which skin type you have etc.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

i use elizabeth arden 8hr moistuiser its a bit greasy so just lash it in going to sleep works wonders it works on everything sunburn insect bites you name it it works for it.for day i used clinique moisture surge works wonders for me anyway.also though nivea and olay are both very good

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭littlesurfer

okay thanks. Been using clarins myself. And the girl convinced me to try a different bottle so i've used two types. Also got a belated happy birthday voucher for bleu eriu so i might go in there and have a look. i have really blotchy skin at the moment so i want something that will clear it up.

i got a gift of a tube of very lightly tinted moisturiser with spf 30 ...its called hamiltons and its australian,...wasn't overly impressed by the texture though

Advertisement