Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seperation Issues

Options
  • 20-02-2007 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Thing is I've been offered a great job as a manager at a bank. :D great funds for me and the little one I say. But its a management position and to be honest its all great and dandy but i'd defo miss little Maeve :(. Its difficult enough being gone for a 4 hour work day and I can't even imagine what this job would do to me.

I have a great sitter(my sisters) and am looking into daycares at the moment. I'd like this job as it would be a great advancement on my part for my resume. But I'm so scared, I know its silly to think that she would forget me or I would miss out on things. I'm already tired as it is and feel bad that I don't play with her enough.

Has anyone felt this way before? She will be 3 months the end of this month of Feb, and I have some serious seperation issues. Anyone have any suggestions of getting over this for me? I could really go for this job, but I get all panicky just thinking of leaving her home :(.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I had to laugh there when I read seperation issues I thought you were worried SHE was having the separation problem! It's amazing how hard it is to be seperated from a person who was not even here three months ago. I am going through something similar myself and the way I am dealing with leaving the kids is by telling myself it will be worth it in the long run financially.
    Another thing I read in one of Mirium Stoppards books is that mothers who go to work appreciate their kids more when they are with them. Not sure about the statistics behind this but when I'm away from the boys all day I really enjoy the kisses and cuddles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Don't worry, your daughter definitely won't forget and your sisters are probably the best childcare you could ever wish for. They'll look after your little one like she's part of the family (which she is :D ). Take the job. It's a fantastic opportunity and you'd be mad not to take it and give it a go. If it turns out to be too many hours or not what you expected, you can always leave or check out job-sharing or flexi-time options.

Advertisement