Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Data Charging on o2 blackberry Tariff

• 20-02-2007 3:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have an o2 blackberry. I use it for email, but also browsing using the bb browser and opera mini. (I have the open.internet settings input in order to allow this and google talk).

For months I was being charged nothing for my data use... then all of a sudden I started getting charged for data usage...

I queried this and they said I was only being charged for internet browsing.

Are other people being charged?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭lfc1892

Akula wrote:
    Hi Guys,

I have an o2 blackberry. I use it for email, but also browsing using the bb browser and opera mini. (I have the open.internet settings input in order to allow this and google talk).

For months I was being charged nothing for my data use... then all of a sudden I started getting charged for data usage...

I queried this and they said I was only being charged for internet browsing.

Are other people being charged?

Hi Akula,

Internet browsing was never supposed to be included in the package but for a brief period due to a technical error it was. They left it like that for a couple of months and then notified all the users they could to advise of the change.

Wap browsing using wap.dol.ie IS however included. You can change to this on Opera but the normal Blackberry browser cannot be changed without changing the provisioning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Eh from the O2 website under blackberry internet service
    Unlimited internet email and WAP browsing €20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭lfc1892

voxpop wrote:
    Eh from the O2 website under blackberry internet service

Unfortunate wording but what it means is "Internet Email" such as POP email but they were trying to simplify it I reckon. It's just a phrase that can be misinterpreted (and indeed has been).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

That phrase should be changed to "Unlimited email and WAP browsing €20", as internet isn't included, and I've never heard anybody refer to email as "internet email" in my life! Or perhaps "Unlimited BlackBerry email and WAP browsing €20". Anything except "internet email". It's very confusing.

Advertisement