Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Henrik Larsson to leave United

• 20-02-2007 10:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭

What a pity !! He mad a good contribution to United even in a short space of time . What a football brain that man has . He will be missed.

"Henrik Larsson will not extend his loan period at Manchester United and is set to leave the club next month.
    The 35-year-old Swedish striker, who began his loan spell with the Premiership leaders in January, will return to Helsingborg on 12 March.

"I'm not saying that I'm not flattered or grateful to get the opportunity to extend my stay but there are other things I need to think about," he said.

"The Swedish season starts at the end of March. I need to get back for it."

The former Celtic and Barcelona forward also revealed he was not comfortable with having to commute from Sweden.

"I am going back and forward and it's not an ideal situation," he said.

But he added: "This is a great adventure for me.

"I arrived in January and I'm going home in March to play in Sweden. It suits me perfectly."

Larsson has scored two goals in eight games for United, including a strike on his debut against Aston Villa.

He made his name at Celtic where he scored 242 goals in over 300 games for the Scottish giants and found the net twice during the 3-2 defeat to Porto in 2003 Uefa Cup final.
    "

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

No surprise there really, he was always going to go back to Helsingborg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

this could change it all for united with Saha back to his usual form :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭andrew1977

evad_lhorg wrote:
    this could change it all for united with Saha back to his usual form :rolleyes:

Couldnt agree more with you , Saha to rescue us late in a match or make that vital pass to change a game... not a chance in my opinion
    Not a top class striker like United should have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

what do you mean his usual form?

he has 12 goals this year lads, he hasnt been playing as well of late but he is one of the reasons you are top of the eague

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Average strikers can knock in 12 goals in the Premiership, to make the difference on the bigger stage ,ie the champions league is the task Louis is not up to .Top class teams have top class strikers to get them out of a tight situation at vital times.Louis Saha is not Uniteds solution

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

I think this could be Fergie's mind games at work....will he stay or won't he? Chelski will be delighted at this morning's comments from Larsson, but as for him walking away from a Premiership winners medal and another crack at the Champions League....? I'll believe it when I see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Or maybe in this day and age where integrity among players doesnt seem to exist much he will keep his promise to Helsingborg and return to them as promised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

andrew1977 wrote:
    Average strikers can knock in 12 goals in the Premiership, to make the difference on the bigger stage ,ie the champions league is the task Louis is not up to .Top class teams have top class strikers to get them out of a tight situation at vital times.Louis Saha is not Uniteds solution

i wouldnt just knock him yet, he has only ever started 6 games in the champions league for manu, scoring 4 goals?

thats quite a return

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I'm not entirely surprised that he's going back. After all he turned down the chance to stay another (very lucrative) season at Barcelona as he wanted to move back to Sweden with his family. The stay at United was ideal because it allowed him to extend his playing career during an off season break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

There is now talks of him staying for an extra 3 weeks as the Swedish league doesnt start on March the 12, it starts April the 9th or something like that. I honestly believe that come March 12 if United are in the semis of FA Cup and quarters of Champions League, how can the man leave? A man of his word maybe...but the chance to do it at 35 in his first and last season in the so called "best league in the world" should be too big to miss out on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

He reinforced his intent last night in the post-match interview after the Lille game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

He definatly will be missed by United. He may not have gotten amongst the goals as much as he would have liked, but with his assists and astute (sp?) football brain - he brought more to the team than just goals.

Now they only have Solskjaer to be used as an impact sub - if he hits a bad patch of form, Sir Alex could be in big trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I think there is always an andy cole Gary Neville type perception about LS.

A lingering negative opinion despite hard evidence to the contrary.

LS has performed well when fit. Saha has scored goals when asked thus far.

We should wait and watch him in the later stages of the CL (if possible :D ) before we say he's can't do it at that level.
    event wrote:
    i wouldnt just knock him yet, he has only ever started 6 games in the champions league for manu, scoring 4 goals?

thats quite a return

Advertisement