Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Audi A5 - official photos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

*yawn*

Outside looks, okay, bland mostly. Wonder why they choose silver for their promo shots?
    Dash looks terrible, far too fussy and unorganised.
    Seats look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I think it looks great. Don't worry Prospect, the dash won't be that busy as Standard, I'm fairly certain that's a fully loaded car they're showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

I think it looks beautiful....kinda reminds me of the current 3-series coupe.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Nice. I'm not overwhelmed though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Some of the styling, especially the rear, resembles the BMW 3-Series coupe but I think it will look more distinctive in the metal. Still a decent effort of a coupe I think. The real question is if the new platform will match BMW's. I think the design cues used in the A5 will influence what the new A4 will look like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

yeah it looks like the new 3 series.And of course will be really expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Gorgeous car in its own right tho. Kilkenny reg too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

unkel wrote:
    Nice. I'm not overwhelmed though :)

I think that pretty much sums up Audi

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

so is it in direct competition with the 3 series?

I like it a lot...in fact I actually quite like all of what Audi has released in the last 2yrs over anything that BMW or Merc has brought out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Lex Luthor wrote:
    I like it a lot...in fact I actually quite like all of what Audi has released in the last 2yrs over anything that BMW or Merc has brought out

Agree entirely. The A1 looks interesting too :D

http://www.infomotori.co.uk/a_6_EN_16832_1.html

• Advertisement

Lex Luthor wrote:
    so is it in direct competition with the 3 series?

Judging by the looks and class, it will be pitched again the 3 series coupe although it was mentioned before that it will fit between the A4 and A6, hence the name A5. However, I think the 3-series coupe will be it's main competitor at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It looks very similar in dimensions to the TT. How many coupes do Audi really need?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

In terms of size Bazz it will will nearly be as long as the current A6.

This will make it three Coupes. TT Coupe, A5 Coupe and R8 Coupe. All competing in different segments at different prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

bazz26 wrote:
    It looks very similar in dimensions to the TT. How many coupes do Audi really need?

In fairness, both BMW and Mercedes-Benz have several coupes

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yeah but it looks like it is slotting in as a BMW 3 Series, MB CLK competitor. I always thought that was the TT's or A4 cabrio's job? Maybe the A5 will replace the A4 cabrio then?

Here is real picture got from another thread on the website.Its in Ireland for the pre launch

ADSLUSER wrote:

Thanks, It does look stunning but i would prefer a 3 series

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

The S5 is tested in the current issue of EVO and they are critical of the looks. I'll reserve judgement until I see one as from the pics I feel it's a little dull, but having seen a 335i Convertible the other day that appeared to be loaded with options (19" wheels, M kit etc.), I think I'd be hard pressed to pick an A5/S5 over it.

• Advertisement

Gatster wrote:
    The S5 is tested in the current issue of EVO and they are critical of the looks. I'll reserve judgement until I see one as from the pics I feel it's a little dull, but having seen a 335i Convertible the other day that appeared to be loaded with options (19" wheels, M kit etc.), I think I'd be hard pressed to pick an A5/S5 over it.

Now this is the 3 series i would love.I wouldnt think of any other car :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

to rival the 3series coupe.... it'd take the bmw over it any day!

steve06 wrote:
    to rival the 3series coupe.... it'd take the bmw over it any day!

me too, it looks like a more classy car (the bmw of course) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

It does look nice, but its too much oof a 3 series clone. It doesn't really have any typical Audi design features, apart from the grille. If you took of the badges nobody would know it was an Audi. The same cannot be said of the
    A4/A6/A8

IMO the should have always called the Cabriolet version an A5 to seperate it more from the A4 which has rather a dull conservative workman like image !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Gatster wrote:

Drove it last week in Mallorca. Its a hoot to drive but id probably hold off and wait for an RS5 if i was thinking of spending 85K though.

It looks amazing when you see it up close.

Two pics here.

RedorDead wrote:
    Drove it last week in Mallorca. Its a hoot to drive but id probably hold off and wait for an RS5 if i was thinking of spending 85K though.

It looks amazing when you see it up close.

Two pics here.

Wow theres loads of s5's in that picture. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Actually the pics of the S5 make it look nice !

I dont think they will take the sales from BMW and the new Volvo Coupe Cabriolet looks very well indeed and probably cheaper !

You would wonder why Audi didn't make a folding hard top one...............or maybe they are !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I still think the A5 is gorgeous. The Dash is very sexy IMO!

MercMad wrote:
    Actually the pics of the S5 make it look nice !

I dont think they will take the sales from BMW and the new Volvo Coupe Cabriolet looks very well indeed and probably cheaper !

You would wonder why Audi didn't make a folding hard top one...............or maybe they are !

They will make folding top one, every other car manufactuer is making convertibles nowadays

• Advertisement
Advertisement