Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

book club in Cork city area?

Options
  • 20-02-2007 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

anyone interested in starting a book club that would meet in cork city? focussing on fiction - no restrictions on genre other than an expectation of quality!!

looking fwd to hearing from you

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Deer was running one a while ago, but she's not online much these days.

Wouldn't mind going along to one myself, assuming I can make the time to read the relevant books ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

It's still going but nobody ever gets their schedules to match.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DawnMc

Sounds like a fab idea! I'd be well up for it anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Hello,

Seems to the regular Boards membership that I may be pimping Triskel events but do keep in mind everything "advertised" is absolutely totally FREE.:rolleyes: ............... a purely non-commercial exercise!

Anyway, in the context of the original poster's message it might be appropriate to mention that Triskel is curating the World Book Fest carnival being held on the Grand Parade, Bish Lucey Park, Library and in Triskel centre over the weekend of April 21st-23rd. Book readings; music; decent quality food stalls. FREE to all.

Also, on April 21st, the RTE reporter and broadcaster Richard Downes will be giving a reading from his harrowing book "In Search of Iraq: Baghdad to Babylon" in Triskel, Tobin Street.. The political reporter of the Cork Examiner, Harry McGee will chair a question and answer session in conjunction with Richard Downes. Free admission also, and all welcome.

Respect,
    Jack C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 s01467

hi,wondering if book club is stil on and if so can i come along.cheers donna

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 oh

Hi - that Triskel festival looks good. Thanks for that as hadn't heard anything about it.

Looks like we've got 4 or 5 people interested which is great. Can you PM me and we can swap email addresses and decide on a date/destination and, more controversially, a title - or at least thoughts on what's allowed in and what's not!

I was in one before I moved to Cork and we excluded biographies and books that people had read already (unless it was years ago!). The main thing was to get something different each time. Am open to suggestions anyway as have started reading more non-fiction lately.

O.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Cancer-chick

wud def be interested ..

could someone pm me ?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭zenzen

hey everyone, this sounds interesting!! excuse my pure ignorance but what exactly happens at the book club lol. i looove reading and would definitly be interested!!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

Hey - I've just suggested to my club a meet up on the 18th April. Their due to get back to me on it. The book is beloved by Toni Morrison and usually meet in one of the wine bars in the city. I'll be on the web a lot more now as I have work access again so pm me if interested.

Advertisement