Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bora Wing Mirror ( Same as Golf ?)

Options
  • 20-02-2007 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi all

Had a minor tip this morning, I was on a narrow road and met another car and our wing mirrors flew off. The driver sides mirror needs replacing, I also need to replace the glass in the passanger sides mirror.

I've been ringing around the breakers yards but few have a Bora wingmirror in stock. I was wondering if the Golf or passat use the same model, they look very similar, but there maybe some subtle difference.

Does anyone know if they are the same?

Thanks

B2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Ring a dealer and ask for the part numbers for both - if they are the same then you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The mirror may be the same size and fit but just check that the replacement mirror is either the manual adjusted type or electric heated type which ever your car has.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Should be the same as a Skoda Octavia also - just check if it's the heated one as per previous post

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

If its just the glass that you need then they are the same - the housings could very well be different. You can get various types of mirrors - heated, wide angle lens etc, etc. At a guess I imagine the part number for the drivers side will be 1J2 857 522 with an extra letter appended determining the type of mirror (heated etc.) Passenger side mirror glass will be 1J2 857 521 again, with the extra letter. If your car has a heated mirror glass, you do have the option to get one that is not heated which will be a good bit cheaper - just insulate the unused wires first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Beta2

Hi guys thanks for the info

I spoke to a very helpful person at micksgarage.ie, said the mirror was the same as the Mark 4 golf. So I ordered one from them. plus the heated mirror glass.

Cheers B2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

You do realise that you need wires in place already to make the glass heated?
    You just can't put on a heated glass without the wires being in place and expect it to heat

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Chunks

Beta2 wrote:
    I've been ringing around the breakers yards but few have a Bora wingmirror in stock.

I've been looking for breakers yards phone-numbers and can't find any. where did you get the numbers?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Chunks wrote:
    I've been looking for breakers yards phone-numbers and can't find any. where did you get the numbers?

Thanks

Look in the goldenpages under car dismantlers:

http://www.goldenpages.ie/search/car_dismantler.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Beta2 wrote:
    Hi guys thanks for the info

I spoke to a very helpful person at micksgarage.ie, said the mirror was the same as the Mark 4 golf. So I ordered one from them. plus the heated mirror glass.

Cheers B2
    How much did they charge for the heated mirror glass. VW quoted me €60 for it last week.

Advertisement