Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

anyone in cork area that can put brandless firmware on my k800i

• 20-02-2007 12:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭

hi all
    looking for someone or know someone in cork area that can put non branded firmware on my o2 k800i cos their firmware is 8 months out of date:(.i believe you can do it yourself but i'm a mac user and dont have broadband to get the updates...it would be difficult to put it lightly!
    thanks in advance
    damo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

anyone please?
    anyone noticed on the o2 irl branded k800i which i have,when you turn it off..it restarts..i have to shut down again to turn it off..ant ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

Damo, It's possible to de-brand it yourself. Google "Wotan Server". Very easy to do with no need for any extra cables! will cost €7 if you have paypal. It then allows you to update via "Sony Ericsson Update Service" anytime a new generic firmware update is available!

yeah been looking into that as well,just wanted someone who has the software already and has the latest firmware etc..again cant use seus cos have a mac(no pc in da house..all macs!!!)
    thanks anyhow!

damo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭power2614

What will u lose if debrand a k800i,
    ie as in pics,music, and contacts saved on the fone!

Will they be lost?

yup..everthing wiped put all your pics and music etc on your memory card.
    Backup your contacts via the pc suite or simcard

• Advertisement
Advertisement