Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waffle Recipes????

• 20-02-2007 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just bought a waffle maker in Lidl. (€13, available from yesterday, 19/02/07). Can anyone tell me if there are numerous kinds of waffles you can make with a waffle maker, or is it a case that the standard pancake mix is only practical. If there are other recipes, details of them will be most welcome.

Thanks In Advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Didn't the waffle maker come with a little recipe booklet?
    Anyhow, a waffle mix is usually a bit richer than a pancake mix, much more like a more liquidy cake mix actually, i.e. you need butter, eggs, flour and water or milk to make a viscous mix. Ask google for recipes you'll find loads ...
    I usually also add a bit of baking powder and sparkling water for that extra fluffyness ;). Generally, milk in the mix gives a softer waffle while water will make it crispier ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭FrCrilly

morgana wrote:

Correct, but I got the last one left that some fecker previously opened and the booklet went missing.

I’m actually glad I didn’t get the booklet in the end. I’d have never come across this ultimate waffle recipe website. Well worth taking a look.

http://www.mrbreakfast.com/recipe_collection.asp?subcategoryid=5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭deisemum

Oh my, that's some list of recipes. Decisions decisions

Have you tried any of the recipes yet and if so where they nice? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

morgana wrote:
    Anyhow, a waffle mix is usually a bit richer than a pancake mix, much more like a more liquidy cake mix actually, i.e. you need butter, eggs, flour and water or milk to make a viscous mix. Ask google for recipes you'll find loads ...
    I usually also add a bit of baking powder and sparkling water for that extra fluffyness ;). Generally, milk in the mix gives a softer waffle while water will make it crispier ..

Can you use water instead of milk? or just with milk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I don't want to own a waffle maker, i'd only end up even fatter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement