Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Brigids

Options
  • 20-02-2007 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Whats going on at St. Brigids national school up in the village, moving to charlesland, not moving to charlesland, moving to charlesland. There was a meeting late last week for the parents, I missed it. Could anybody fill me in ? I can understand people who live in the village not wanting to move their kids out to a prefab school at charlesland (probably on a building site) for transport reasons, as its not exactly walking distance, and if they also have brothers or sisters aswell - its not fair separating them aswell. On another point, I'm not in favour of segragating the kids for years on end until they get it together to actually build a new school. God only knows how long that will take.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lainers

HI

I did not go to the meeting, but my friend did. Three things came out of the meeting:

1. Keep the school at brigid's and build one in Charlesland aswell
    2. Buy the convent and extend into the grounds
    3. Move everything to Charlesland.

SO that's basically what happened and now its left with them to decide....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

even if they are moving to charlesland they should not be allowed to sell off the existing school - greystones needs more primary schools (in particular there should be a non-denominational school) as well as better facilities for the existing ones.

Advertisement