Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Web Site

Options
  • 20-02-2007 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I read the charter and it says no discussion of problems with web hosters. I am looking for someone to recommend a free hoster as the web hosting board is closed I hope this is ok to ask here.

I'm a teacher and I want to create a free site where I can upload all my PowerPoint presentations, word doc handouts, tests etc where the kids can download them.

Important points -
    It must be FREE, I don't get paid enough as it is :)
    It must allow me to very quickly put together visually appealing pages for kids
    I must be able to upload Office docs
    The advertising must be guarenteed suitable for under 13s - I don't want to get sued by parents!

I already have a personal yahoo account which is my main email account and I'd rather not create another one to use Geocities as it would mean re-logging in and out between the two accounts a lot.

Any other suggestions?

thanks!
    Kaz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Why don't you just use free webspace from your ISP?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

blacknight wrote:
    Why don't you just use free webspace from your ISP?

I never thought of that, I should check if they offer it. I'm with Digiweb.

Advertisement