Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Handsfree car kit installation - how to?

Options
  • 20-02-2007 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm considering putting a parrot bluetooth car kit in my MK-IV Golf but I can't find any information about the installation proceedure on the web. I have the circuit diagram for actually connecting it to the stereo so that's not a problem. What I'm wondering is, how do you run the wire for the mic and the display/control unit behind the dash. The mic needs to be mounted near the sun visor and I know it is possible to pop out the side panel that runs up along the door frame but how do you run the wire from the behind the stereo across to the door. Simiarly, the display unit should be mounted on the dash console somewhere - near the air vents I suppose - so a wire will need to be run out to there too. Does the dash pop off too or am I in danger of doing some sersious damage to my car?!

If anyone has done a self installation of a car kit like this, I'd really appreciate some tips. Obviously I could bring it somewhere to get it installed but it seems kinda pricey.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

You don't need to take the dash off, take out stereo, run both wires behind it and down the back of the centre console, then run mic wire up behind the carpet behind the dash at the foot well and then up the side panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Scorl&#243 wrote: »
    I'm considering putting a parrot bluetooth car kit in my MK-IV Golf but I can't find any information about the installation proceedure on the web.

It's easy to carry out. Stereo should pop out from the dash, parrot supply adaptors that fit between stereo DIN connection and the cars wiring loom. fitbluetooth.co.uk is pretty good for both info and parts. My car was non-standard so had to buy an extra lead. Just be gentle with all the panels you remove.

Once the kit is connected sound should run through stereo speakers and power should run to car kit. Mike plugs into parrot kit so recommend you start with mike at visor and work back to the stereo. Mike cable should run inside roof liner and down the inside of the door frame (as you say the cover should pop out). Be aware of side airbags which might be located in there, keep the mike wiring away from airbag (behind it if possible) and handle airbag with care.

Once you get down to the footwell you should be able to reach up and under the dash to run the cable accross to the stereo and parrot box. againbe careful of having the cable fall down into foot well, not good when driving.

Run the parrot control out to where you want it and then test.If all is ok pop stereo back in and bob is your mothers brother.

PM me if needed, might not know your car in particular but it is all pretty standard.

Advertisement