Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations/Advice

Options
  • 20-02-2007 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking to set up a new business and am looking for some basic advice. I am fairly computer literate and have done a few html sites but this is way outside my scope. Basically I am looking to set up a site very similar to carzone.ie but advertising a different product obviously. Could anyone give me an idea of whats involved in the operation and setup of such a website? How much of it is automated? Site setup costs? Could you recommend a company capable of such a product? etc, etc.

many thanks in advance.

I do realise this is not a tech question and I apologize mods if there is a more suitable forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭randombar

Hi,
    I have developed several sites similar to what you are looking for, basically a database of "cars" that is automated as much as possible. My own site that I use is http://www.ratemypub.ie which over time I have developed to be almost fully automated. I use php and mysql for my site designs. I also developed an online order system for others (Many are for private companies so I'd rather not give addresses here!)
    The main bit of advice I could give you is have a clear idea of the functionality of the site, i.e. what the user has permission to do, how much administration you are willing to do, the inputs and outputs to the site, and so on.
    If you are looking for more help or would like a quotation from me you can PM me and we can discuss things further.
    Thanks
    Gary

Advertisement