Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New bathroom

Options
  • 20-02-2007 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm thinking of changing the bathroom upstairs...its small and pokey...I have a small bedroom next to it thats of no use to us really. The house it a dormer house with wooden flooring and joices forming the upstairs, all block walls downstairs.

I intend on removing a plasterboard wall seperating the two rooms, (non structural) and joining the rooms.

What I would like to know is, how to do the floor of the bathroom, I would like it to be a wet room, I understand I can use marine ply, can i use some form of compound to further seal the floor? Or if I use two layers of ply, can I just tile onto that?

Would it be advisable to reinforce the joices to minimise any movement?...

Any advice or comments are welcome as always..

Cheers
    Dave

Advertisement