Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

deposit

Options
  • 20-02-2007 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭

Im in a situation where someone wants to buy my car but my new car wont be ready for 3 - 4 weeks, now they have no problem with this, and will wait, but I'd like to get a deposit from them. Is that being cheeky or am I right to ask for one. The car is going for 7k how much should i ask for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

You'd be a fool not to. It will firm up their intentions, and make sure they don't find an alternative in this 3-4 week period. Ask for 500 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

As Ned said. And make sure to catalogue any scratches, etc (take pictures, preferably with the buyer in them holding todays paper!!!) in case in 3 weeks they go that wasn't there, give us a better price or our deposit back...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Ya 500 should do the trick. They shouldn't have too much trouble in giving it seeing as they are happy to wait till you get your car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Fey! wrote:
    As Ned said. And make sure to catalogue any scratches, etc (take pictures, preferably with the buyer in them holding todays paper!!!) in case in 3 weeks they go that wasn't there, give us a better price or our deposit back...

You serious? actually sounds like a good idea. But might be a bit to far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

You serious? actually sounds like a good idea. But might be a bit to far.

I know that the buyer and paper bit is a BIT too far (I just put them in to emphasise the point), but I would take pictures of any damage in case of any grievances.

• Advertisement
Advertisement