Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You tube biker caught.

• 20-02-2007 2:30pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

He deserves all he gets - and probably more.

Link

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,453 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

"First person to be convicted from a video on a website" - big deal - a Japanese guy in a Ferrari was convicted years ago from a video he shot of himself doing 200mph
    Usual Daily Mail type sensationalism, "180mph Yamaha" etc. etc. What he did (riding like a knob, not videoing it) wasn't at all clever but ffs, he didn't kill anyone. There are people who kill and seriously injure others on the roads through sheer negligence yet get treated very leniently by the law, the Mail would hardly be baying for blood if it was "Moment's distraction for SUV Mum kills 4". But young-ish guys on motorbikes are fair game even if they rarely cause harm (to anyone but themselves) by being stupid.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

"Jeremy Parrot, 37, was easily tracked down by police who accessed his short movie on the Internet — because it ended by showing him pull up outside his front door."

What a moron !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Pfff, I've seen better... :/
    Should have been arrested for releasing such a crap vid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

ninja900 wrote:
    he didn't kill anyone

Not yet. There's a big difference between speeding on a straight motorway and roaring around residential areas at 100mph. If an R1 hit a human at 100mph, it would do a lot of damage. If an R1 rider flying through the air due to a crash went through someone's windscreen (and consequently their face), they would do a lot of damage. If a speeding biker dodged into someone's path unexpectedly, causing them to swerve, possibly losing control of their vehicle, a lot of damage could be caused.

I believe someone has the right to put their own life in danger, but it's pretty easy to see how this could affect other people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

But they'll never catch GHOSTRIDER!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭pm.

Paparazzo wrote:

what a mad bastard:eek: i never seen anything like that, some very hairy moments, i think he got caught tho.

the bit where he passes someone on the left at about 7:17 is mental, doesn't even leave off any throttle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Pfff, I've seen better... :/
    Should have been arrested for releasing such a crap vid
    LOL :D I thought the same...
    Paparazzo wrote:
    That's Mr Ghostrider!

I've got all his DVDs... I respect his riding skills even though I would never do such things myself obviously and I do think he shouldn't be doing these dangerous, mindless stunts (however entertaining they might be).

Have you seen this one where he rides a 499bhp Hayabusa Turbo? Didn't know you could pull wheelies at 300km/h but there you go...

pm. wrote:
    [...]i think he got caught tho.
    I don't think he ever was... I actually think he's a cop...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭pm.

I don't think he ever was... I actually think he's a cop...

you maybe right but have a look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2bYTpY_iNM

• Advertisement

I've seen this video before but I'm not sure it's Ghostrider... In every DVD he made he's wearing a fully black leather suit. In this video, it's blue in the back...

Might be him though. And I'd rather have him stop because he was caught rather than because he crashed and died...

I'm with Steffano here, Ghostrider is never caught! He toys with the police! Click here to see what happens when they even try and catch him! Watch till the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Ghostrider is a well known swedish stuntman/former road racer called Patrick Furstenhoff (think he might hold the world record for the fastest wheelie or something). Apparently each of his videos are planned weeks in advance and he employs "spotters" at intersections to reduce the likelyhood of incident. He doesn't just fire up a Busa and go for it. Apparently the police are aware of his identity. Wonder if "the stig" on top gear is a rip off... I wouldn't be surprised. This guy.... Did the police have any evidence that it was him riding the bike? I'm sure it couldn't be too difficult to argue that it was someone else on the bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,453 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Cake Fiend wrote:
    Not yet. If an R1 hit a human at 100mph, it would do a lot of damage.
    I don't doubt that for a second. What I'm taking issue with is the media sensationalism. There are (thankfully) a miniscule number of 100mph nutters on bikes in urban areas with the potential to cause injury or death to others.
    But there are huge numbers of inattentive or just plain incompetent drivers about and their actions very frequently cause injury or death to others. Yummy mummy in 4x4 is never going to be a target for the media no matter how bad her driving is...

Scrap the cap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭demosuzki

Paparazzo wrote:

THAT USED TO BE MY COMMUTE !!

11 minutes is stunning
    i remember 2 hours in a car at rush hour.

/ds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

New video reveals clues about motorcycle 'Ghostrider'
    Swedish police hope a new video by the famed “Ghostrider” motorcycle driver, known for darting in and out of traffic at speeds nearing 300 kilometres per hour, may lead to his capture.

Clad in black leather with a dark visor covering his face, the “Ghostrider” is unidentifiable in his films, save for the breakneck speeds at which he weaves through traffic on Swedish motorways.

The first “Ghostrider” film appeared in 2002, and collections of his daredevil driving are available for purchase on the internet.

The video sharing website YouTube also features a number of clips which have received millions of views, turning the “Ghostrider” into a celebrated folk hero among rebellious web surfers and motorcycle enthusiasts.

In one of his most daring and infamous rides, the “Ghostrider” covered the 68 kilometres between Stockholm and Uppsala in 15 minutes – posting an average speed of more than 270 kilometres per hour.

“That he hasn’t hurt a bystander is a miracle,” said the police’s Ann Lindberg to Aftonbladet.

“That he’s still alive himself is an even greater miracle.”

But in a recent video, currently under review by Stockholm area police, the mysterious motorcycle driver may have inadvertently revealed his identity.

The movie shows a person on a motorcycle followed by several police cars along the E4 motorway south of Stockholm, according to the Aftonbladet newspaper.

Shortly thereafter, the motorcycle driver speeds off, leaving the motorway at the next exit. The film continues until the driver reaches a garage and the motorcycle is turned off.

But the camera continues to roll, and a few minutes later a leather-clad man wearing a helmet strolls into the shot.

In a later shot, someone who is believed to be the same person can be seen pulling on a pair of sweatpants, his face clearly visible on the film.

The 40-year-old man thought to be the "Ghostrider" flatly denied to Aftonbladet that he was the one driving the motorcycle.

“The company I work for distributes the films,” he said.

“But that the same person would drive, produce, manufacture, and sell; that’s a bit far-fetched.”

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

remember seen that video. Me man is brutal on the bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

I think the police know who he is, how else could he pay them off. ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I heard rumors he was a cop.

I just hope that if he keeps doing what he's doing to entertain us (and himself obviously) he doen't end up injuring or killing innocent people...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭OllieNorth

ghostrider is legend:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Fairly dumb.. at least nobody was hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭paulieeye

he flashes the reg of his car on the vid...wat a wee-todd

Advertisement