Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J2me and Bluetooth and midlets oh my !!

Options
  • 20-02-2007 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

I'm about to undertake a project involving a client and a server. The client will be a Bluetooth enabled mobile phone (Sony Ericson w300i) and the server a Bluetooth enabled computer.

I intend to use j2me to get the two talking and I have a sonny Ericson sdk.

Here's the problem I’ve no idea about mobile java or midlets. I've found some documentation but it6's all confusing. Also I’m not sure if all j2me code will work on my phone .

If anyone could help with some useful resources or better yet if anyone has attempted a similar project and would be wiling to let be occasionally ( and i do mean occasionally ) pick your brain that'd be great.

The eventual aim of this project will be the ability to send adverts and menus to the phone via Bluetooth and for the phone to be able to send orders to the computer (think supermax)

Anyway I’ll keep you up to date

Thanks in advance

- Elfman

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 andrewm1986

Netbeans has an awsum mobility pack that is really easy to use ;)

Advertisement