Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Online Darts League - Entry and Suggestions

Options
  • 20-02-2007 3:05pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Im not sure how much interest this will get but I think it is a good idea.

There is a Darts software program which allows you play games against other players over the internet. It can be downloaded from the URL below and is simple to install and use.

http://www.rusys.nl/dartpro/

What I suggest we do is set up an online Darts league for Boards members where we play one match a week, or maybe two depending on what you lot think, and how many players we have. It will be a good way to practice and will give us all some healthy competition. We can work it as follows:
      Each player plays one or two matches a week, depending on what we decide
      The fixtures will be posted at the start of the week allowing the players agree a day and time between them to play their match and they use the DartsPro software to play it.
      One of the players posts up the result in the assigned thread before the given deadline, eg. Friday at 5pm, and I will update the league table.
      The format will either be a straight league or the top four going into a playoff section, depending on what we decide.
      Matches can be first to three legs in length (One set) or again depending on what we decide.

This thread is for people to say if they will be interested in playing the league and to offer some suggestions if you dont like the format listed above.

It should be good fun to have our own league. You never know, you could become the Boards Premier League champion :D

This is not a computer game. You will be playing a proper darts match against your opponent using the DartsPro Software to keep your score.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Would love to do this!
    Great Idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

yes count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Ill do it just trying to download it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Good stuff lads.

If we can get about 8 players then this should work out. We have 4 so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

Kingp35 wrote:
    Good stuff lads.

If we can get about 8 players then this should work out. We have 4 so far.
    sorry have to pull out.As thick as i am i thought it was an online game and you play online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I thought the same?
    How exactly do we play each other?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Ok sorry my original post must not have been clear enough.

DartsPro is a software that allows you to keep track of your averages, how many tons you have hit etc while practicing at home. You throw your three darts and then type your score into the software. It can be used for two players as well so you dont ahve to write your scores on a piece of paper or blackborad etc. Its basically a Darts scorer.

Now it has an option that allows you play an opponent over the internet. You play like a normal darts match in that you throw your three darts and type it into teh software. your score will come up on the other players computer so he knows its his turn so he throws his darts and types in his score. Its a way of two people playing a darts match against each other without having to be in the same room.

Im not explaining that very well but I hope you get what I mean. So this is not a computer game, you will actually be playing a proper darts match against each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

But via the medium of the Internet! It works very well, I play regularly online and so far no complaints except that I am rubbish! :D

I would be up for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shane190

I would like to try it but my dart board is up-stairs and my computer is downstairs..:(:(

Yeah thats the only problem with this, you need to have your board and computer in the same room. I have a laptop so I have no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

*bump*

Anyone up for a game??

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Healio wrote:
    *bump*

Anyone up for a game??

Yeah, I use it the odd evening (trying to get back into the darts a bit, golf season ya see). Normally go under the name 5Times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Missed this thread the first time round.

I've never used DartsPro but I must download it and give it a go. Matches over the internet is a great idea IMO - albeit we'd be relying on everyone to be honest. I'd want to start in the Vauxhall Conference though!

Another idea I think would be good have a thread where we could compare how good we are in practice. Sewa-darts is a forum where members do 4 or 5 different practice routines, and post up their best score, and they admin/mod then compiles a league table based on the scores input. Encourages people to improve on their best and you also you see where you stand versus other members. Although it might be a lot of work for the admin/mod to get it up and running!

Another idea I think would be good have a thread where we could compare how good we are in practice. Sewa-darts is a forum where members do 4 or 5 different practice routines, and post up their best score, and they admin/mod then compiles a league table based on the scores input. Encourages people to improve on their best and you also you see where you stand versus other members. Although it might be a lot of work for the admin/mod to get it up and running!

Sounds like a good idea Rooster. I'll have a look at how it's run on that forum and see if I can get something like it up and running here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭chief_stains

Sounds like a good idea, i'd be interested in the league, defo

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Anyone fancy a game a bit later this evening (8ish)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 benfaqwa

did this ever get going?

Advertisement