Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASP Programmer/Mailer Generator needed!!

Options
  • 20-02-2007 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for an ASP Programmer who would be interested in a nixer.

The work involves creating the mailer script for an existing HTML form that includes an option to attach a file.
    I normally deal with this through PHP but the target server doesn't support PHP so I need to use ASP and don't have the time to bring myself up to scratch in ASP.

Any Suggestions would be much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

It's dead easy. Just use CDOSYS - http://www.w3schools.com/asp/asp_send_email.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Clone

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I had a look at the link you sent, it does look simple enough although I'm not sure how to get my variables from my HTML form into the ASP.

Would i do the following:

Change the areas in inverted commas into the variable names I have and then POST from the html to this ASP file?

Original ASP

<%
    Set myMail=CreateObject("CDO.Message")
    myMail.Subject="Sending email with CDO"
    myMail.From="mymail@mydomain.com"
    myMail.To="someone@somedomain.com"
    myMail.TextBody="This is a message."
    myMail.AddAttachment "c:\mydocuments\test.txt"
    myMail.Send
    set myMail=nothing
    %>

Edited to fit my form
    (notes are in italics)

<%
    Set myMail=CreateObject("CDO.Message")
    myMail.Subject="Application Form"
    myMail.From= "email" (Variable defined in HTML Form, users email)
    myMail.To="me@mydomain"
    myMail.TextBody="Fname, Lname, Add" (The rest of my variables from HTML form)
    myMail.AddAttachment "file1" (the location of a file as defined by html)
    myMail.Send
    set myMail=nothing
    %>

How would I get a "form sent" page or an error page to come up?

Much appreciate your help on this, I've been banging my head of the wall, and run out of time on this project, although I have learnt a thing or two.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

ASP or ASP.net?
    A good ASP 'formmail' script is here but ASP has no direct way of uploading files. However there are some upload scripts out there.
    Your best bet is to google for an ASP/ASP.net script

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Clone,

PM me (or post here) with the form fields you want, and the format of the email and I should be able to lash it together quickly enough. Edit - if the webserver supports ASP.net it's an awful lot quicker, as it has it's own inbuilt upload facility.

Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Clone

Hi Eoin_s

Thanks for the reply

I've asked someone to have a look at it for me, once I hear back from them I'll let you know, just so I don't have two people trying to sort it out.

Not sure if the server use's ASP.NET, I'll look into it though and let you know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement