Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Radar detectors ???

Options
  • 20-02-2007 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi i was offered a new dash mounted speed radar detecor today but nobody seems to know if they are legal or not and if there is any fine for having one in the car.
    The reason i ask this is that I'm not at all a speed nut but i was done for 5 kms over the limit on the N7 two weeks ago and thought it was a bit accessive and if this gadget could save me from the same faith I think I would invest.
    Please let me know what you think.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

THey are illegal in this country!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 EvoJack

Thanks would you know the penalty for having one ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

EvoJack wrote:
    if this gadget could save me from the same faith I think I would invest.
    Do ya not have a speedo?;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I don't know but basically you can be done under alot of headings like... obstructing justice etc!!
    I would imagine there is no set fine and all depends on the judge really!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 EvoJack

Good one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

does anyone know of any good radar / camera detectors for Ireland? do they work well over here? i've got 3 points on mu licence and if i get 4 i'll be screwed with my insurance so i'd prefere to get one to be sure!
    One with a GPS Navigation aswell would be sweet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

sorry but im closing this thread, this board is for modifying cars, not for finding ways to avoid being caught by the garda

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement