Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids Acting/Modelling

Options
  • 20-02-2007 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Not sure what you'd call it, but I was wondering how would one get their kids involved in 'acting', as in appearing in adverts/brochures etc?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Hi,

Not sure what you'd call it, but I was wondering how would one get their kids involved in 'acting', as in appearing in adverts/brochures etc?

Thanks

As far as my research leads me, they would have to get involved in something relevant that would build up a portfolio for them

Something such as the Blly Barry Dance School or even the Gaiety Junior Classes might be an avenue worth checking out.

Failing that, places like http://www.compton.ie/ could help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

I imagine it's done on quite a small scale, through word of mouth. Unlike conventional models, there is an abundance of babies around the place and they're all beautiful (allegedly:) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ItsMoi

Quite a lot of the larger drame schools/groups run child 'acting agencies' alongside their drama school wherby they will put kids forward for auditions for films/plays etc. If you are interested in putting your child forward for such opportunities it would be a good idea to sign them up for one of the drama schools running such agencies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭MyBaby

I signed my son up to www.movieextras.ie last February '06 and have resigned him again this year. He got through his audition last July for the RTE 1 new idents which are currently being shown. 36776704os4.jpg

The charge for a year with photos taken is 89e AFAIK. We hav also signed him up to assets models last summer.

Hope this helps :)

Advertisement