Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying a Peugout 206 from a Garage

Options
  • 20-02-2007 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Im buying my first car and going for a peugout 206. My question is what is the average price of this car as I've seen a few different prices, my budget would be around 4grand.

Hopefully ill be getting car finance, but Im not sure if I'll get it as my credit rating went down a bit last year as I missed 2 payments on a student loan. I'm working full time now and have all my debts(loan and credit card) paid off so I'm hoping i'll be ok for car finance, anyne been in this situation?

I don't want to apply to too many places to check because applying for credit can bring your rating down even more.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as its a bit daunting to be honest!

Cheers:)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

First bit of advice... don't get finance.... get a bank loan instead!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

thats the thing though, I applied for a loan of just 2grand when I finished college but I couldn't get one because of my credit rating...so i figure it must be bad. I don't understand it though cause surely all students miss payments on student loans and they cant all have bad credit ratings!!

Im after applying for mine to be sent to me though.

But anyway, that was with AIB and I don't really know if all banks would be the same...

Why should I not go with car finance?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The car is not yours until you have over 60% paid. So you couldn't really sell it on without paying off the full amount first!!
    Also the interest rate is far higher than a bank!!

All banks are the same! YOu could just pop into to see your branch manager and explain things to them and they will help you out as best as they can!!

I applied online previously and basically just had a girl ring me back to say i didnt qualify. It would be great as you said, to actually speak to someone face to face. The main problem is that I Live in Dublin and my branch is in Donegal, does it have to be your home branch?

I know all banks are the same , I was just told it would be easier to get car finance as the interest paid is dependent on your credit rating.

you don't have to apply in your own branch!!!

• Advertisement

sorry I know im clueless..just havent had much exp with banks as just out of colege last year!

I'll ring and get an appointment tomorrow, thanks for the help, oh and one more thing...what do you think of the chances of getting a peugout for around 4grand? Im figuring it'l be safer to buy from a garage.

Advertisement