Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crackdown

• 20-02-2007 5:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I can buy a copy of Crackdown before Friday? I'm going to be at home for the next few days and would love something new to play.

Thanks,

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Some Argos stores in the UK messed up and sold it early apparently:

story here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Thanks. No luck of that happening here :( Oh well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

One of the guys on my friends list is playing it and he is from Ireland. might pop him a messag and see if he answers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

I got it :D

where did you manage to get it , i'm going to going to as many shops on the way home avoiding game stop and game to see if I cna get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Direct from Hong Kong courtesy of jetsetting mates.

I knew my commute home was long 40+ miles but it won't be via Hong Kong.

Hi Furp. Will you let me know where the guy on your list got it? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Chances are its a copy of Crackdown, it was available on the internet last week or its from a UK online company that shipped a batch of them on Saturday.

He didn't respond and by the time I got anyhwere they were closing, xtra vision in Blanchardstown don't have it yet anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

cheapest retail store to get would be? argos?

Ok well I just picked up Crackdown on my way home, I got it in Harvey Norman at Blanchardstown for €64.99, they had about 20 on the Peg in the Xbox section. Although they did not have it in their chart section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Might buy off videogamesplus.ca its around 49 euro including shipping, and shipping is usually only a few days from them. But can anyone recommend a great multiplayer game for the 360? Like great fun?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Anyone want to give a bit of review on this?

Thinking of getting it this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I've got my nephews coming to visit today for the weekend. If I thought it was suitable for them (10 and 6), I'd buy it today to keep 'em quiet over the next 3 days. Anyone think it may not be suitable for young children (I'm thinking in terms of adult content, etc, rather than difficulty level, little 10 year old bastid can beat me any day of the week on most games)

I got it last night in Smyths. Its pretty good. Nothing original but it is a load of fun. I have yet to play a co-op game but I would say that it is is a blast ( I played a co-op on the demo)

The power-up system is great, your agency cars change when you get in to them depending on your skill level. Its a good solid game. Just not very original.

It is violent though, shooting people, throwing them around etc so I don't think that it would be suitable for kids. Its your call though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Tried to get it in Game lastnight they had it layed out with the price on it and when i got to the desk ''ahh noo sorry its not in till tamaraw'' i wanted to punch him in the face especially since i was cut in front of by a kid and the prick served him before me ...good i hate them so much ...il still get it today though thats what kills me !!KILLS ME .its an addiction this xbox stuff .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

RAIN wrote:
    Tried to get it in Game lastnight they had it layed out with the price on it and when i got to the desk ''ahh noo sorry its not in till tamaraw'' i wanted to punch him in the face especially since i was cut in front of by a kid and the prick served him before me ...good i hate them so much ...il still get it today though thats what kills me !!KILLS ME .its an addiction this xbox stuff .

Hmm.. what was thing about videogames making you violent? Where oh where is Jack Thompson when you need him!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

kensutz wrote:
    Direct from Hong Kong courtesy of jetsetting mates.

yea ssuuuurree you did :p the flashing is blinding me!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I don't think the game is that violent, certainly not on the same lines as GTA and it's much more over the top and comic. I have yet to see any significant sexual images. One of the bosses (a girl, I think) was a pimp, but beyond the 30second description there was nothing, even the description was very light perhaps mentioning something about the best women in town and that was it. It has a 15s rating.

I have been having a blast with the game so far, but have stalled progress now to do the rest of the missions with Ciaran500 in Co-op.

• Advertisement

Just got it .was a bit underwhelmed at first but the upgrading feature is genius so addictive .anyone know where you customise your guy ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

RAIN wrote:
    anyone know where you customise your guy ?

I don't think you can.

I didn't know until today, but your guy's appearance changes as he levels, which is pretty cool. Perhaps this is what you are asking about?

I figured it out eventually YES your guy changes as you level up but i didnt know you could pick different guys at the start .The more i play this game the more i like it , the more you put in the more you get out .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

There are some extra guys that you can download for free from the marketplace, but I've since then had a few more appear on the selection screen. Don't know when, where or how I got them though. Just did a bit of co-op with a mate and I think my guy was bigger than his ;) as well seeing as he had not leveled up as much yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,699 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Decided to rent this out today. I must admit Im not that impressed after an hour or two. Theres just not that much to do. Although I do think the city is very well designed.
    But first impressions would not warrant a purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

I bought it yesterday and played it for a few hours.I thought it was a bit repetitive after a while and I agree with you Johnny that there is not that much to do in it and kinda got bored after a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

this game is basically saints row + the fact you can jump really high, - a good story, it the same thing over 3 islands as said above there really is nothing else to do in this game other than get it over with a quickly a possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

It's more fun than Saints Row I think. It's good for pick up and play for a quick bash not something you're going to get into deeply. I dunno, I'm still finding it great fun jumping from building to building. Only real annoyance so far is when trying to take down a gang boss I run out of ammo and then you're left with either a hand gun which has no range or trying to run up and kick them to death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

yesterday and played it for 5 hours!

I think it's a blast! Saints Row did nothing for me but I think this is a lot of fun.

Well, most of it is. The driving is a pain the ass. Poorly implement and labourious. What's the point of driving to earn points when you just lose them cos you're forced to drive a crap uncontrollable car through an area with loads of pedestrians (killing pedestrians slows your ascent to the next level down).

So far so good though. Jump jump JUMP!

• Advertisement

Makaveli wrote:
    Only real annoyance so far is when trying to take down a gang boss I run out of ammo and then you're left with either a hand gun which has no range or trying to run up and kick them to death.
    Just replace your gun with one of the ones that the bad guys have and as the rest of that gang most likely have the same type of gun you'll never run out of ammo as you take them all out during the mission.

Advertisement