Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can the Croke Park thread on Sports be re-opened

Options
  • 20-02-2007 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭

The Croke Park thread was moved from Soccer to Sports and locked.

Can it be re-opened ?, it will attract far fewer asses is Sports than in Soccer, Rugby, Gaa or Politics

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055055595
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Send a PM to tHE vAGGABOND perhaps, he is the mod of Sports so I guess it is up to him.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ill leave it to Vagga but I suspect you might be wrong about the asses... :(

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Also this isnt the first thread by ANXIOUS on this topic and I'm beginning to think he's trolling.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

DeVore wrote:
    Also this isnt the first thread by ANXIOUS on this topic and I'm beginning to think he's trolling.

DeV.

Why is everyone saying im trolling, i posted three threads on this matter one in politics, which was closed and two in gaa which are both open. I havent broken any rules whats so ever. Maybe Devore you should take on board that i have a particular intrest on this topic. I am sick and tired of people saying im trolling, i just gave the other side of the arguement, so this means that im aytomaticly trolling. I ve never been banned from any forum. So i would ask people to refrain from saying im trolling because i am not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

DeVore wrote:

DeV.

lol i noticed this on the GAA forum and let it run on the soccer forum as all he/she wanted was someone else to argue with (bet he/she great craic in the pub) i reckoned the soccer forum members would have taken care of the topic but Psi rightly moved it out as it wasnt a Soccer thread more of a rant against anyone who had an opinion different to him/her.
    i have a particular intrest on this topic

One in which you take noone elses interest or opinion on, this is the internet other people have different opinions. No matter how much you type you will not change that.

kdjac

• Advertisement

KdjaCL wrote:
    lol i noticed this on the GAA forum and let it run on the soccer forum as all he/she wanted was someone else to argue with (bet he/she great craic in the pub) i reckoned the soccer forum members would have taken care of the topic but Psi rightly moved it out as it wasnt a Soccer thread more of a rant against anyone who had an opinion different to him/her.

One in which you take noone elses interest or opinion on, this is the internet other people have different opinions. No matter how much you type you will not change that.

kdjac

Its called debating, argueing against the other sides point. How can i take you serious after you said that if croke park wasnt opened for soccer that the goverment would build a road through croke park. That isnt a vaild point of anything is trolling that is all my arguements we're based on fact. But seeing as how your a mod im sure they will forget about your trolling

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I've locked two of those threads in AH (and I hate locking threads) and am keeping a close eye on a third one.
    The fact of the matter is that two or three people can ruin an entire thread with constant bickering and a refusal to admit they may be wrong on certain points, even when presented with the facts that prove them wrong.

Terry wrote:
    I've locked two of those threads in AH (and I hate locking threads) and am keeping a close eye on a third one.
    The fact of the matter is that two or three people can ruin an entire thread with constant bickering and a refusal to admit they may be wrong on certain points, even when presented with the facts that prove them wrong.

Just for the record terry was i involved in either of the threads that we're locked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

haha yes thank god for this, wish it never happened in the first place though

Anxious 1st post on the soccer thread.
    Its called debating,

And fishing is where you put the bait on the hook and hope for a bite.

No offence your not very good at arguing a point as you dont take anyones but your own opinion with credulence. Good luck with your future bigoted threads tho, im sure after sundays riot there be a huge one for you to profess your GAA allegiances.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    Anxious 1st post on the soccer thread.

And fishing is where you put the bait on the hook and hope for a bite.

No offence your not very good at arguing a point as you dont take anyones but your own opinion with credulence. Good luck with your future bigoted threads tho, im sure after sundays riot there be a huge one for you to profess your GAA allegiances.

kdjac

That is my honest reaction to this situation. You can actually look in the gaa and see we're i objected to it being opened before this thread was a started. If you havent noticed its seinn fein who are having the demonstration, which in my opipion should be cancalled by the police. Funny how you never tried to explain your trolling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Jesus ANXIOUS, big the bigger man and walk away ffs.

Another thread about it god dammit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

lol those threads are everywhere, but oscarbravo did say on the politics one that Anxious only asked for it to be re-opened because his original article in the opening post was wrong, and he just wanted to correct himself.
    That's not what a troll does, he's just very (very) opinionated, like most of us tbh.

I couldn't agree less with his point of view, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

DeVore wrote:

DeV.

In fairness to Anxious he didn't actually start the thread (I made the mistake of thinking that myself).

I pointed out to Anxious exactly why his/her actions could be considered trolling although I'm not convinced of actual intent on anxious's part.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Who gives a crap about croke park and all the rest of the sectarian rubbish.Forget it and get a bloody life.

kaimera wrote:
    Jesus ANXIOUS, big the bigger man and walk away ffs.

Another thread about it god dammit.

This is my last response unless someone says something silly about me, Kameria, i put a thread in gaa about not wanting HQ open because its a gaa topic. My second post in gaa was about the gaa talking about not opening croker in 2008, Again gaa related. The post i put in politics was about the supposed apology from the british goverment. Again this was related to politics. I have not over lapped any of my threads they are all about seperate parts of the same topic. So as you can see i wasnt spamming the same message around.

Secondly i would like to publicly thank PSI for her handling of this sitution, and i have taken her comments on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

RuggieBear and I would rather it wasn't re-opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I'd only reopen it if Anxious doesn't post on it.;)

And tbh, i'd be banning a lot of people very soon. so i'd let it stay closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Ditto.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

ANXIOUS wrote:
    This is my last response unless someone says something silly about me, Kameria, i put a thread in gaa about not wanting HQ open because its a gaa topic. My second post in gaa was about the gaa talking about not opening croker in 2008, Again gaa related. The post i put in politics was about the supposed apology from the british goverment. Again this was related to politics. I have not over lapped any of my threads they are all about seperate parts of the same topic. So as you can see i wasnt spamming the same message around.

Secondly i would like to publicly thank PSI for her handling of this sitution, and i have taken her comments on board.

*YAWN*

Advertisement