Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Radio Wire Help Needed

Options
  • 20-02-2007 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

hi i am trying to fit a cd/radio (non ford) to a 1986 ford granada mk3 i am aware there are adapter clips but my wires are already stripped they are the old type wires i have RED (positive?) RED AND WHITE (negative?) YELLOW( im guessing memory?) and BROWN (no idea!!??)the rest are speaker wires i had the radio running with what i mentioned above with brown attached to negative with red and white as i was at a loss ?? improved sound when i put red and white with live (left brown to negative during this) and blew everything when i tipped brown off positive !!!!!! hope radio isnt dead its not working now!!! neither is my central locking so im hoping i blew a fuse in car and not fried radio!!!!can anyone help please ,radio will work without brown i think hmmmm:confused: and without red and white:confused: just want to install it safely if i ever get it to work again !!help appreciated

Advertisement