Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[US] Heroes - 1x16 - Unexpected [*Spoilers]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Peter using Hiro's power. I don't know why people are even confused about this. He didn't stop time, he stopped the damn wires in mid air using telekenisis like when he stopped the stick when dr.who was beat on him. Those wire thingies from the tazer then fell on the ground instead of keep on going after normal time resumes. Plus there was no indication of him using hiro's power.

Product placement rant: The shot looks good and it's probably why they set it up like that. Plus the device probably won't work if it's drenched in blood and then it won't show sylar's discomfort. Who cares if apple is paying them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

CodeMonkey wrote:
    Plus the device probably won't work if it's drenched in blood.

This looks like a job for the Mythbusters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

CodeMonkey wrote:
    Peter using Hiro's power. I don't know why people are even confused about this. He didn't stop time, he stopped the damn wires in mid air using telekenisis like when he stopped the stick when dr.who was beat on him. Those wire thingies from the tazer then fell on the ground instead of keep on going after normal time resumes. Plus there was no indication of him using hiro's power.

Product placement rant: The shot looks good and it's probably why they set it up like that. Plus the device probably won't work if it's drenched in blood and then it won't show sylar's discomfort. Who cares if apple is paying them.
    There was an indication - The annoying tazer noise slowed down and stopped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,174 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

He couldve used either but I assume it was Hiro. I believe Future-Hiro touched him on the shoulder in the subway. so he absorbed the time power. thats my thory anyway.

I don't think Ando has telekenisis: since when in this series do any two characters have identical powers?
    Sylar already stole telekenisis off a redshirt: end of that chapter
    :p

I theorise that Ando either
    does have a focusing effect on Hiro's powers though: he only got completely out of whack when he was flashbacked in the Charlie episode.

Or...

Ando: 'I don't want to die!'............................................

.............................yeah? Yeah? Think about THAT.

Also: look! not a scratch on the Versa...was a cute line. Well placed. The writers are not forcing their sponsorships into the show heavy handed; if it works, dont fix it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

L31mr0d wrote:
    I personally hate when people give out about product placement. I mean we live in a world of products? removing labeling and names of products from everywhere makes a show unrealistic.

Your confusing product placement with just using normal products.

The example of the ipod in Heroes was product placement. It did nothing to progress the story and was clearly a blatant advert.

Of course there is good product placement and bad. For example stargate the use of the Dell XPS gaming laptop is clear product placement (good for taking down ori motherships as well). Used a little it progresses the story. Where it gets out of order when they have the Dell logo splattered over half the screen for a long period of time. One episode the Dell laptop gets more screen time then most of the main cast. In SG1 case the product placement has been getting out of hand in the latest season.

Hiro and his rental car is also another blatant product placement that doesn't progress the script (it is more evident in the comics).

The main issue I have with product placement is that it ends up the story becomes second place to the advert. As pointed out just watch Blade Trinity to see how bad it can actually get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Hobbes wrote:
    Hiro and his rental car is also another blatant product placement that doesn't progress the script (it is more evident in the comics).

I thought it was blatant when they first rolled in and the camera zoomed on the Nissan logo. That was before:

"Versa!!!!" *Hugs*

"Oh wow, the Versa is bulletproof and indestructible. Just like in car ads".

Advertisement