Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Giving Notice To Vodafone/Porting My Number

• 20-02-2007 6:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know the procedure for giving notice to Vodafone. My last upgrade was nearly 2.5 years ago, so contract is not an issue.

I presume you give them 28 days notice in writing but is in via snail mail or can I send an email to them. If so, does anyone know the address?

I'm looking to port my number to O2, so I don't want Vodafone to cut me off. I just want to make the transition as smooth as possible.

:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭lfc1892

remoteboy wrote:
    Does anyone know the procedure for giving notice to Vodafone. My last upgrade was nearly 2.5 years ago, so contract is not an issue.

I presume you give them 28 days notice in writing but is in via snail mail or can I send an email to them. If so, does anyone know the address?

I'm looking to port my number to O2, so I don't want Vodafone to cut me off. I just want to make the transition as smooth as possible.

:confused:

Hi Remoteboy, for porting you give no notice. You complete a contract with the new network who will then request your number. Your number will be cancelled within 2 hours off the Vodafone network.

You only give notice if you intend to cancel the number completely without ever using it again, thus returning the number to the networks ownership.

Just visit an O2 retail store with Photo ID and a Utility Bill and they will take it from there for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Will Vodafone charge me for another month if I do this? Or is this the end of my bills from them. Billing cycle runs from 22nd to 21st of each month and it's the 21st tomorrow. Don't want to end up paying rental to two networks for one month.

remoteboy wrote:
    Will Vodafone charge me for another month if I do this? Or is this the end of my bills from them. Billing cycle runs from 22nd to 21st of each month and it's the 21st tomorrow. Don't want to end up paying rental to two networks for one month.

If you are out of contract, you will still get a bill showing next months line rental, normally this is refunded but generally if you port before the end of your billing cycle (i.e. tomorrow) the next bill will only reflect calls. This is because from day one you have been paying your line rental in advance

Cheers,

Will dash in to the store in the morning and try to get sorted. Now to pick a phone ...

Fed up with Nokia. Time to check out a Sony, methinks.

:D

Don't forget your ID and a Utility bill!!! (common mistake!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

porting to o2 was a breeze for me...get the sony k800i...its the business!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

lfc1892 wrote:
    Don't forget your ID and a Utility bill!!! (common mistake!)
    and the bill has to be from the last three months. and the id can't be out of date. and you can't have had complete facial reconstructive surgery since having your passport photo taken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Have a look at o2's online only plans. I ported from Voda to one of them plans last month. Works out much cheaper. That said O2 messed me up bigtime. Quoted the wrong a/c no. to Voda and never rang me back when they said they would.Got a couple of freebies from them as compo, when I complained strongly to them and the poor service they were giving to a new customer !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Make sure you bring a Vodafone bill from the last 3 months with you aswell!

Cheers lads. One last question - can I get an unlocking code from Voda for my old phone (Nokia 6630) - or is it just a paperweight?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

remoteboy wrote:
    Cheers lads. One last question - can I get an unlocking code from Voda for my old phone (Nokia 6630) - or is it just a paperweight?
    Ring them and ask for the unlock code, don't see why you shouldn't get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

remoteboy wrote:

Yeah, I found it's generally best to do it before you port. And also, don't tell them you're going to port. Otherwise you'll get a sales pitch.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm now the proud owner of a k800i (it's all new and sleek looking :D ) plus bluetooth headset. All for the princely sum of EUR29 from carphone warehouse. Plus I got my Nokia unlocked from Vodafone. Great result all round.

remoteboy wrote:
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm now the proud owner of a k800i (it's all new and sleek looking :D ) plus bluetooth headset. All for the princely sum of EUR29 from carphone warehouse. Plus I got my Nokia unlocked from Vodafone. Great result all round.

That's great news!

Now, remember, the K800i is 3G and if you stick with 3G you may find that calls drop from time to time. It is probably best to keep it on GSM when not using the Data Services and manually select 3G when you are.

Usually found under Settings, Network and Network type (or Mode)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

what tariff are you on?had to pay 99yoyos for mine,glad your happy with it...im chuffed with mine!!

Advertisement