Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps2 and Laptop sharing

Options
  • 19-02-2007 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭

wouldnt be of the greatest quality, tis a pity, i might just pick up a copy of the PES for PC, i tried to share my laptop internet connection with my ps2 and i kept running into problems, i was getting connections and couldnt forward through the port 5730 which is setup on the router so i can play ps2 using direct connection, i disabled the firewall on windows and configured windows internet sharing to allow 5730

where do i get the adapter for the ps2 controller so i can use it for pc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Game have a single for 15 quid Play.com have the double (handy for 2p)

Also use Tv out and play it on your tv, i play it on my tv sitting on the couch (you can tell i dont type during those matches)

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

PLAY is permanently sold out

if i can get my hands on it in game i'll pick it up

cheers kdjacl

im annoyed i cant get this internet sharing thing to work

ive been messing with port 5730 being allowed for a particular IP, i cant get the damn thing to work, ive even telnet'd into the router and manually made a pinhole and still nothing

ARG !!!!

Make sure Pc and Ps2 have similar IP ie 192.168.1.2 for PC and 192.168.1.3 for ps2 assuming gateway is 192.168.1.1/254 for router.

Should work fine then.

kdjac

if i set the ps2 IP, i get a connection error 612 i think it is

if i set it to auto, i get as far as testing environment but cant forward through port 5730 even though i have that set up ages

when ip is set, PS2 is 192.168.1.18 the pc is 192.168.1.1 and 2 other pc's may be connected that usually assume 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.6

gateway is 192.168.1.1/254
    subnet 255.255.255.0

• Advertisement

Why are you sharing why not have both online at the same time with different connections from the router?

kdjac

because the router is as per typically in my hall. which is useless as i dont want to run a lead miles up a hallway

my laptop is in my room, with wireless net connected

thats what i want to share with my ps2

More of a network issues than pes but....

Plug Ps2 into laptops ethernet and right click on Lan Connection in Network Connections. On Properties tab select Internet Sharing and point it to Wireless connection. Turn off windows firewall for the LAN Connection and assuming you have no other firewall it will work ok.

kdjac

you have to point the wireless connection to the ethernet, it does nothing the other way round

i turned off windows firewall and dont have another firewall

still nothing

either connection error 612 or cannot forward through port 5730

im at giving up point on this

Wireless should be able to be shared, is on mine when ICS is enabled on both adapters.

Just buy Pes6 for pc tbh :)

kdjac

• Advertisement

if i enable ICS on one, i cant enable on the other, i enable it on wireless and get a drop down menu showing me a few options, i choose my ethernet port and apply

PES6 for pc is €44 and the adapter is probably 10-15 quid
    i didnt particularly want to spend another 60 lids but maybe its my only option

Notice how in my replays i play in Old trafford and all the ayers have nice HD jerseys?

They even have correct faces and boots and i play with a Nike ball .... Kitserver and patches are worth buying pes for pc.

Its also running now on my pc i just alt tabbed out for teh CL football.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 carlash

hi does anyone know how to get an option file for the xbox 360 for pro evo soccer 6 please?
    cos i cant find it.
    thanks.
    carlos.

Advertisement