Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kurt Cobain ?????

• 20-02-2007 9:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭

is today not the anniversary of his death?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Doodee wrote:
    is today not the anniversary of his death?

No. It isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

A few monthes off....

He died April 5 1994

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

nope

april 5th

*thread dies*

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

It's not the anniversary of his death, it is of his birth though...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Cobain
    Cobain was born to Donald and Wendy Cobain on February 20, 1967 in the Grays Harbor Community Hospital in Aberdeen, Washington

He'd have been 40 today...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Weird, my birthday is tomorrow....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

There was a program about the last few days of his life on BBC on Sunday, perhaps the stirring of conversation that has created has caused the minor confusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Zoton

Saw that BBC doc on sunday night. Well put together. Duff McKagan was a surprisingly interesting interviewee. Quite a few nutjobs featured too, including the founder of the church of Kurt Cobain who claimed Kurt came to him in a dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

I saw that documentary too. I watched it with critical eyes but was actually pleasantly surprised by how it was put together.

...can't believe it's 13 years ago now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Weird, my birthday is tomorrow....

365 days in the year. Not that weird at all really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

haha

Yes, birthday, not anniversary,

shoulda copped that when i was told what age he would of been before i posted :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

that bbc docu was alot better done than all those tacty mtv ones

and duff-what a dude!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

that bbc docu was alot better done than all those tacty mtv ones

and duff-what a dude!

why did it have to end the docu with those loons though, sorta spoiled it, and very little mention of courtey and of his daughter, from reading the biog I always thought one of the main reason he took his life was cos in some messed up way he thought his daughter would be better off without him there to mess her up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

the daughter i agree,is the key to the whole mistry

does anyone ever notice,in all t he books and docs about kurt,no attention is EVER paid to his daughter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

maybe its to protect her privicy?? iv only ever seen one picture of her released since she was an infant. god help her with that nut job courtney love as a role model. any idea if the doc is on youtube??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Agreed, those two fat fools at the end tarnished it a bit. Just a quick question amongst Cobain fans - do any of you guys believe Courtney (or indeed someone else) had him killed? Dave Grohl does....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

That's one for the Conspiracies board :)

And for the record, no, but I never knew Kurt Cobain and I don't know Courtney Love...

Also re Frances Bean - aren't there laws about publishing details about minors etc? I'm not sure on that, I'd be more inclined to think of it as a privacy thing.

Advertisement