Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with webcam

Options
  • 20-02-2007 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

Hi

Anyone got any advice, I modified a Logitech 4000pro and got the proper fitting to screw into the ccd. I sit it into the scope but have a real problem trying to focus.

Whats the trick or any links to recommend?

Cheers
    Redman

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

redman wrote:
    Hi

Anyone got any advice, I modified a Logitech 4000pro and got the proper fitting to screw into the ccd. I sit it into the scope but have a real problem trying to focus.

Whats the trick or any links to recommend?

Cheers
    Redman

If you have already tried to increase the focal length by twisting the focusor as far as it can go then you will have to try increasing it with actual distance from the eyepiece. With enough relief the image focused on the eyepiece should come into focus on the webcam

you may have to create a small tube between the eyepiece and the lens and incorporate a way of mounting the webcam at the appropriate distant

If your looking for a cheap quick fix, something like an electronic eyepiece may suit you: For example

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Excellent an electronic eyepiece does look like it would be very handy!

Cheers

Redman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

But you can see an image on your laptop, right? It just is not accurately focused?
    There is a mask you can contruct with 2 or 3 holes in it, placed concentrically. The mask is placed over the mouth of the scope. if you direct the scope at a bright star 3 images will be visible. As you adjust the focus, the points will converge when accurate focus is achieved. The mask is as accurate as you make it.
    This won't help if you are running out of scope travel as per slade info.

Cheers,
    tea

Advertisement