Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aquarium fluorescent tubes

Options
  • 20-02-2007 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi
    I have juwel aquarium (rio 180) there are two 30W tubes in it, one is daylight the other is warm glow. Both are now gone, does anyone know where to get replacements? I am in wicklow tried a pet shop there but they are 30euro each. Tried a shop in wexford 18euro, each big difference! Tried there website 10.99 each,but postage is bout 40 euro.
    I seen tubes in hardware shops for 3euro can these be used if so will the fish suffer?

Any help would be great
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

jazzyk wrote:
    Hi
    I have juwel aquarium (rio 180) there are two 30W tubes in it, one is daylight the other is warm glow. Both are now gone, does anyone know where to get replacements? I am in wicklow tried a pet shop there but they are 30euro each. Tried a shop in wexford 18euro, each big difference! Tried there website 10.99 each,but postage is bout 40 euro.
    I seen tubes in hardware shops for 3euro can these be used if so will the fish suffer?

Any help would be great
    Thanks
    there just normal floursent in the aquarium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭flynnc

wouldnt put the standerd tubes in as you will get alot of green/brown algae from using them i would get the ones from a pet shop

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

http://www.irishfishkeepers.com/sponsors.shtml

Links to a few shops there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 deertal

normal hardware light tubes will not work they will cause the water in the tank to go green. check out baumann's in stillorgan. they seem to be ok on prices there is a girl and a guy there that are always really helpful
    good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭wexford12

there is a place in new ross kilkenny acuatiqus "?spelling" they are very good and great range of fish well worth a trip its on the same road as the new tesco dont use normal tubes they are far from the same i have a clear and a blue tube in mine gives a great affect

• Advertisement
Advertisement