Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If it has too be wireless BB then.....

Options
  • 20-02-2007 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm living in the Ranelagh area of Dublin and I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm getting wireless BB, I'm sick to death of listening to eircoms jukebox everytime I ring up, all I want is a line activated, anyway thats another story for another day.
    What I'm looking for is some feedback and advice people have with the different wireless providers so I can make an informed decision on who's the best of a bad lot.

All comments appreciated. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

They vary from very bad indeed (poor dialup) to better than eircom DSL!

Depends on supplier

Depends on which mast you can see

Depends on distance from Mast

Depends on clear view for some systems.

I'm 2.5 times the max distance eircom offers DSL at, from my mast, so obviously I'm biased as there is no DSL here.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Avialable from 64K to 8M or more and in flavours down to 35ms Ping and up to 1850ms Ping

Only get Ripwave if there is NOTHING else as it is a kind of wireless version of ISDN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭coldfeet

Depends on which mast you can see

Depends on distance from Mast

Depends on clear view for some systems.

Where does one go about getting info about where the different suppliers masts are located. If needs be I can build my own 'cantenna' to boost the single but I still want to try get the best single available.

Advertisement