Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats everyone going off for Lent

Options
  • 21-02-2007 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭

Hmm its that season again and as i sit here at 12.15am i have one ciggy left in the pack.... will it be THE last one. I will keep ye all posted

I was wondering what the rest of you are giving up for the next 40 days or longer?

(I am sure this will lead to some amusing replies)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

The interweb thingy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Hi smashey if i had known all those years ago at the community center discos we attended that i would be still smoking today I might have thought again... ah but sure we was young'uns then

The following week seemed far away back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Here! This isnt a Lifford chat room :D

Personally I hadnt even thought about going off anything - might stop the vodka though :rolleyes:

Feeling left out where you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

ah now... cigs is one thing but vodka!! dont be daft

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Hoping to stay off the ciggies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

I was thinking about the ciggies but as smashey said, next week seemed alot longer away.

Going to try and relax and not get so stressed out for the next couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I'm not going off anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 scatt

i had this great intention of giving up chocolate ,i lasted a day ,even my kids last longer than that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nothing, although you could say I gave up meat forever, so I would never have to think of something to give up for lent. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 MolokoKE

Cavier and Champagne In other words nothing!! I've no will power and life is too short to give up on the things you love

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I've given up smoking. The only difficulty was that as I didn't smoke in the first place I had to smoke a few so that I could give them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 barneyrubble

drink, choclate and doritos ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh 5 days gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 MolokoKE

Hats off to anyone trying to give up smoking it's no mean feat so good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

I'm giving up abstainence for Lent.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

women.

evil, evil beings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Can't see what this has to do with Northwest forum so going off this thread, waiting to see how long its let stay up!!!!!!!!!:) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Can't see what this has to do with Northwest forum so going off this thread, waiting to see how long its let stay up!!!!!!!!!:) :)
    So by the same analogy we won't be able to start a "Happy Cristmas" thread ever again

ah now lads, where would we be without abstinence and seasonal greetings.

How is every keeping with the lenten commitments

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

Hehehe not very well. I tried to give up the beautiful substance that is chocolate. At least it's nearly Easter now, we're having turkey with all the trimmings on the Sunday and then some Easter eggs after.. yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭bettlebrox

I gave up Easter Eggs for Lent. ;)

the time of abstenence is over and let the feasting begin.

At this stage i would say there are alot of dodgy tummies going around the pleace

Happy easter everyone

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Happy Easter. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

nanook wrote:
    the time of abstenence is over and let the feasting begin.

At this stage i would say there are alot of dodgy tummies going around the pleace

Happy easter everyone

No Kidding! I practically ate all my galaxy egg and bar in one go :o

Happy Easter to you aswell

Advertisement