Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raining frogs! Maybe.

Options
  • 21-02-2007 2:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭

Was cycling down a quiet suburban road in Dublin 9 at around 8pm a few hours after the very heavy rain and saw what i though was a frog immediately before cycling over it. I turned bike around and went back and it was a real frog and i had squished it but it seemed dead before i cycled over it and it was'nt squashed to indicate a car had killed it. It was a big thing around 5inches long and i have never seen one of these frogs in the city before. It seemed to have been just dumped there before i went over it and i was wondering wether it may have been dumped by the extremely heavy rain a few hours earlier.
    Anyone else see any frogs in streets tonight and/or is my imagination running wild?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raining_animals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

maybe a bird just dropped its prey?? perhaps slightly more boring than RAINING ANIMALS, but more probable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Lirange

Frogs?

Maybe it was a mild southeasterly disturbance from France. ;)

Or you've watched Magnolia too many times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Frogs are on the move now towards ponds. Quite a few going through my garden at moment.

In the wild, ie away from tarmacadam and bikes, frogs can avoid detection by staying still. If it doesn't move, it isn't seen. Alas, instinct hasn't caught up with cars and bikes.

Nice dream though.....

Different than cats and dogs ;)

Advertisement