Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics - Economic Thought

Options
  • 21-02-2007 2:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

For those doing this question in economics, which areas of it should I focus on?

We haven't done it yet but from looking at the papers it seems that very little of it comes up!

All I found in recent years was Keynes, Keynes, Smith and Keynes.

Is there any point in studying Marx, The Monetarists, Ricardo, Malthus etc...?
    Or should the area be ignored totally?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I certainly wouldn't ignore the section totally as it could easily come up as a 25 mark part to a question that you want to do. They also pop up in Section A quite often. Try familiarise yourself with the different faculties of Economic thought and aim to have a few main points about each.

Knowing the History of Economic Thought, and knowing it well, can be the difference between an A and a B, so ignore it at your own peril.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Reckon I'll just learn Keynes, the Monetarists and Smith, and basically know who created what laws/theories.... without learning any of their histories ie Enterprise - Say, Canons of Taxation - Smith etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭bright

i'd say just learn them all theres not that much content on each so know it well. as in section A you areoften asked to give 2/3 arguments put forward by one of them. easy marks.

Advertisement