Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to find a nice building in Louth for college project

Options
  • 21-02-2007 2:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, im looking to find a building in Louth preferrably that I can use for a project. Ill need to draw the plans of the building and then the plans of a suitable conversion. I can convert it into whatever i want, was thinking of a nursing home or a shop with living quarters over it. The building needs to be 5-900metres squared in area.

Anyway, does anyone know of any nice buildings that may suit in the Drogheda/Dundalk area or anywhere in Louth really.. Im looking to find something a bit interesting like an old building or stonework exterior perhaps. Something like an old country manor or even an old mill or bakery or an old store maybe even. I was down looking at Oldbridge Estate Manor but the house is too big.

I`d appreciate any suggestions if ye happen to know of a nice building that may suit i`d be interested to hear.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

What about the Tholsel in Drogheda? Currently vacant and in need to some TLC?

http://www.irish-architecture.com/buildings_ireland/louth/drogheda/tholsel.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Yeah, im certainly going to consider that, Dingatron. Thanks for the idea. Its funny how you can live in an area and look around and miss some of the more obvious buildings.
    Im just wondering about how difficult it would be to get access to that building. 2 days access would do me really, just to measure it all up and take some photos of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭justagirl

There is also an old house off the Pilltown Road (from Drogheda, come off Dublin Road by taking the left turn for Bettystown (the left hand turn after the Grange Rath turn).. continue on down that road and its on the left hand side.... It was fire damaged last year ... so is pretty derelict .... its a shame.... ... think it may be called Pilltown House....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Nuttzy wrote:
    Yeah, im certainly going to consider that, Dingatron. Thanks for the idea. Its funny how you can live in an area and look around and miss some of the more obvious buildings.
    Im just wondering about how difficult it would be to get access to that building. 2 days access would do me really, just to measure it all up and take some photos of it.

Not sure how you'd go about that? Need to talk to someone in the Drogheda Corpo I suppose.

Advertisement